Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An overlooked classic revisited: How did you score Erik Morales vs. Diaz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i saw that fight live on satellite, i was on the edge of my seat at the end of the fight as Erik was weakning and David getting his shot in, but I have him winning the fight...

who would Erik have fought for his first defense? knowing Erik's machismo, he would probably bait PAC for a 4th fight for his title...

Comment

David Diaz lost to a shot EM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
        i saw that fight live on satellite, i was on the edge of my seat at the end of the fight as Erik was weakning and David getting his shot in, but I have him winning the fight...

who would Erik have fought for his first defense? knowing Erik's machismo, he would probably bait PAC for a 4th fight for his title...
        That's where the Morales story would lose luster. Erik should have retired right after without a title defense. He would have retired as a champion with nothing else to prove.

Comment

Morales by 2. This fight took place in Chicago right?

Comment

Yeah, Diaz' hometown of Chicago was the place.

Comment

i was in Baltimore watching the fight with my dad.. Diaz frustrated me since he was throwing a lot of punches but were not hitting anything.. he was aggressive but ineffective..

Morales even got the knockdown and still lost..Morales deserved the win

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
                i was in Baltimore watching the fight with my dad.. Diaz frustrated me since he was throwing a lot of punches but were not hitting anything.. he was aggressive but ineffective..

Morales even got the knockdown and still lost..Morales deserved the win
                hey it worked for calzaghe. throwing and missing all your punches is usually a bad thing but to a judge who can barely see it's the only way to score a fight.

Comment

Is there anyone who thinks that Diaz actually won this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
                    That's where the Morales story would lose luster. Erik should have retired right after without a title defense. He would have retired as a champion with nothing else to prove.
                    yes he could retire but had he win, I am sure he would have fought on ...

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
                      Is there anyone who thinks that Diaz actually won this fight?
                      although it was a close fight, imho very few have David winning the fight ...

Comment

Working...
                      X