Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our iceman trained bad chad dawson?? when? iceman tell me about it!! whoo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iceman papa john (pizza place FYI lol) heres what you said in a interview. elabarate!! please

"BRC: What happened with you and Chad Dawson and why are you no longer training him?

ICE: It’s no secret and I’m going to put it in my book. We had trained together and everything was great and I was told by people that he was going to be tough to work with and this and that but in the time we worked together he did everything I told him to do. He tried everything I told him to do and executed it. We worked on his jab and body punches a lot and it makes me laugh now when people talk about it because he never did that before I started working with him and he admitted that in one interview. In any event I talked to him one day after the last fight I worked with him and said something like that straight left hand is working good and Chad said everything is working good. He then called me a couple of weeks later, and he just comes out with it and told me he signed with Gary Shaw and I’m thinking where does that leave me? Chad still wanted me to train him and I said okay, but I’ll train you at the gym where the manager you're in the process of leaving ,and who pays the rent is, but I don’t think he’s going to let you anymore. Chad lives forty minutes from me and I couldn’t drop everything for him and leave my other fighters. He gave me one day to decide and the next day he was in Florida with Dan Birmingham and that was it."

Comment

That's pretty much it, you know... also, though, I was asked by his manager right after he left Birmingham if I would train him again...he was supposed to go to Germany to fight Stipe Drews and they asked me to train him and go with him... I was thinking about it, wondering where I stood...in a situation like that you have to ask yourself if the same situation could happen again down the line, once it happens then it is ALWAYS a possibility to happen again... looking at it that way, I didnt think I would do it, then the fight got canceled anyway and that was it

Comment

Dawson has a really good sharp jab and he does punch to the body very well, some of the right hooks he landed on Tarver's rib cage looked hurtful, props Iceman.

Comment

Can we get your opinoin on Shaw Iceman??

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
            Well, Joe C. may have done more thus far, shown more, proven more etc...but I don't think he deals with Chad at all!!! I remember about twoyears ago I was on a message board and there were these three guys, they really got on me bad about me hyping Chad up...Lacy hadnt been beaten yet and I came on and said I thought Chad would beat him back then...they LOL'd at that quite a bit...I was quoted in 2005 in his local paper saying how one day he's going to be on HBO, etc and people are going to be really surprised. His skills, reflexes etc are undeniable now. In terms of skills, speed, combinations, etc he's the new RJ
            Besides seeing him on tv I've seen dawson fight a number of times early in his career at foxwoods. I never fought pro, but any knowledgable fan or someone who has spent a decent amount of time in the gym could have told you then that he was gonna be a real player in boxing. As far as who gets the credit.....there are a lot of us out here John that know how much time you put in with Chad and the significant conrtibution you made.

How are Matt Remillard and Mike Olkiver coming along? Haven't heard much about Oliver since he lost.

Comment

if you want credit for his jab and body hot then you got it...because his jab as what impressed me about him

Comment

I believe my influence in the good jab of Matt Remillard is evident too....Mike Oliver is fighting Antonio Escalante next Friday in Cabazon, California..any of u going?? Gary Shaw?? NOT a fan of his.... the manner in which he obtained Chad were NOT ethical in any way in my opinion...he's done a great job for him, YES, but he shouldn't have him in the first place.

Comment

I believe my influence in the good jab of Matt Remillard is evident too....Mike Oliver is fighting Antonio Escalante next Friday in Cabazon, California..any of u going?? Gary Shaw?? NOT a fan of his.... the manner in which he obtained Chad were NOT ethical in any way in my opinion...he's done a great job for him, YES, but he shouldn't have him in the first place.
                  I've always been a huge fan of Chad, even pre-Adamek. I feel he's the real deal, more steak than sizzle. Props to you man for developing his jab, etc, it's a shame you don't train him anymore.

On a side note, I made a thread asking you a question, check it out if you can.
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=214598

Comment

It seems that Gary Shaw doesn't make too many friends in the boxing business, for some reason a lot of people dislike him.

Good luck with Oliver.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                      Dawson has a really good sharp jab and he does punch to the body very well, some of the right hooks he landed on Tarver's rib cage looked hurtful, props Iceman.
                      Definitely
                      Dawson throws a great right to the body.

Comment

Working...
                      X