No announcement yet.

I know with certainty that BHOP would have handled GGG with ease

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    While he doesn't have a stellar resume, Golovkin shows great skills. He's the best in the division right now and it shouldn't even be an argument. As I said, it depends which version of Hopkins you want to pit against him. I would take the Hopkins who beat Trinidad to beat him. I probably wouldn't take the Hopkins who lost to Taylor and was unwilling to unload. Jmo.
    But that's the thing, how many times haven't we seen someone come up, with all the power in the world, undefeated, looking like Thor himself - Only to become befuddled and outboxed by some almost top tier name. I mean I wanna like GGG and it's not his fault entirely, but he just popped up too late I think, to really have an impact, I think he'll be more of a quick passing.

Comment

How to spot an idiot:

They know things with certainty that nobody knows with certainty. Eg fantasy fights or future.
      They generally don't know what they're talking about. Such as sayng that Rosado was outboxing Golovkin, when factually he lost every single round.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        How to spot an idiot:

They know things with certainty that nobody knows with certainty. Eg fantasy fights or future.
        bookies do it all the time by putting the underdog tag on a guy. we also do it before a fight happens. no reason why the same cant be done with fantasy fights. the difference is we never will know for sure. just what most likely would have happened (ie prime foreman vs prime leon spinks).

Comment

Prime Hopkins vs current Golovkin would've been a hell of a great fight, possible go either way. Close fight either way also. Even if Golovkin started pulling away, Nard knows how to survive and make things ugly to keep it closer.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
            cmon. hop been in there with everyone and no one has come close to ending him. 3g wouldnt know where to being to game plan a guy like hop.
            Hopkins would be forced to fight,he'd be under pressure constantly.The way Hopkins kept his composure when he fought Kovalev and that was after the knock-down,do you think Hopkins would remain composed if GGG was hitting him? I highly doubt it,GGG would minimize that distance and destroy B-Hop.

Comment

It is incredible how deeply hurt this bunch by non-american and non-black fighter getting the attention. In one sentence they say that he "beat nobody and unproven", then they start to bring great fighters from the past and fantasize with juicy details how these greats would've beaten GGG. They didn't even see the contradiction. If GGG is such a non-commodity, why are you all so deeply hurt that you have to bring Hagler and Hopkins to beat him in imaginary match-up?
              People, who are able to think, see right through your bunch...

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                Hopkins would be forced to fight,he'd be under pressure constantly.The way Hopkins kept his composure when he fought Kovalev and that was after the knock-down,do you think Hopkins would remain composed if GGG was hitting him? I highly doubt it,GGG would minimize that distance and destroy B-Hop.
                hop wouldnt let 3g find a rhythm. i only mentioned old ass hop vs krusher as a barometer. a 35 y/o hop would really fnck with 3gs mind.

Comment

How you dare to compare a face first brawler Rosado to any version of Hopkins?

prime, mw version of Hopkins beat Golovkin btw I have a little to no doubt about that
                  much more accomplished and proven fighter with tremendous ring IQ and adaptability plus Golovkin just in't the type of fighter which gave problems to the prime B-Hop.

Comment

and idc about your race wars and stuff like that but 160 version of Hopkins beat GGG all day

Comment

... only one judge (out of three) gave Rosado one round on the scorecards...

Comment

Working...
                      X