Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime and Floyd Rumor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt the Manny part is true but I remember when the deal was announced it was said that only the first fight was guaranteed and after that it was on a fight by fight basis for Showtime. They are not obligated to put on a Floyd fight. They ponied up huge guarantees for Ghost and Maidana and they flopped. Canelo was obviously a success.
    Showtime may not feel comfortable giving Floyd record guarantees, especially if Golden Boy is not involved with the promotion.

Comment

Why even give Floyd another chance? He had 2 fights that did less than 900k buys and one that did 1.8 million. Thats 33% of doing over 1 million buys

Pacquiao is 100% doing over 1 million buys on SHO

Comment

My dick is huge.

Source: Maballs87

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          I doubt the Manny part is true but I remember when the deal was announced it was said that only the first fight was guaranteed and after that it was on a fight by fight basis for Showtime. They are not obligated to put on a Floyd fight. They ponied up huge guarantees for Ghost and Maidana and they flopped. Canelo was obviously a success.
          Showtime may not feel comfortable giving Floyd record guarantees, especially if Golden Boy is not involved with the promotion.
          Floyd will continue to get his guarantees and ppl will continue to whine about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
            This is bullsht.
            I can see Floyd/Canelo II in september 2015 tho
            For the love of god nobody wants to watch this rematch only Canelo groupies. The first fight was so hyped and it was a boring fight and I can care less that it sold 1.2 million PPV's. It just means 1.2 million households can duped into watching a sparring match.

Comment

What an idiot to begin with a contract goes both ways, you can't just end a contract because you feel like it. Secondly there is no proof whatsoever that Guerrero and Maidaina under performed on PPV. Just because you badly want it to be true and are prepared to believe anything unfavourable you hear does not make it true.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                False. Manny is locked in with HBO til 2016. There is no way Showtime could even force that fight in other words.
                So tyson Lewis was just a figment of our imagination?

Comment

"He can have the belt"

Fraud mayfeather aka void

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    False. Manny is locked in with HBO til 2016. There is no way Showtime could even force that fight in other words.
                    why can't he force the fight?

the biggest heavyweight fight in 21st century history took place between Tyson, contracted to appear on Showtime and Lewis contracted to appear on HBO. If they could make it work then, for a fight of far larger mainstream appeal and magnitude, I'm damn sure they can make it work, only thing stopping it is Floyd is shook. That's the bottom line, he himself admits it, why won't his fans?

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                      Not sure if this is true but supposedly there's a rumor about Showtime and Floyd that if Floyd does not produce good numbers this September, then Showtime will either:

1. force him to fight manny or
                      2. revise his contract

lol imagine,

Showtime: "fight manny or you don't get paid"
                      Floyd: "peace, I threw my belt away already when he was my mandatory, why I need money fo"

source: FRANKGWJ
                      So this definitely makes it true no? lmao bloody hell.

Comment

Working...
                      X