No announcement yet.

The next 24 hours will determine Canelo-Trout, says Schaefer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next 24 hours will determine Canelo-Trout, says Schaefer

The next 24 hours should determine whether or not the world sees a unification clash of unbeaten junior middleweights between southpaw WBA titleholder Austin Trout and Mexican WBC counterpart Saul "Canelo" Alvarez as co-feature to Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero on May 4 at The MGM Grand in Las Vegas, according to Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer.

Mayweather (43-0, 26 knockouts), of Las Vegas, against Guerrero (31-1-1, 18 KOs), of Gilroy, Calif., already is set.

"We need to know, now, whether this is going to happen or not. Canelo wants to know, and rightfully so," said Schaefer, who informed ******.com over the weekend that the prospects were "looking good for Canelo and Trout."

"So I think within the next 24 hours, we're going to find out one of three things: A) if Canelo is on the card, B) against who -- either Austin Trout or somebody else, or, C) if he's going to fight on his own date. We will find all of that out within the next 24 hours."

In his past two fights, Trout (26-0, 14 KOs) has unanimously decisioned rugged Delvin Rodriguez and four-time, three-division titlewinner Miguel Cotto in June and December, respectively.

Alvarez (41-0-1, 30 KOs) has unanimously decisioned five-time beltwinner Shane Mosley in May and scored three knockdowns on the way to September's fifth-round knockout over Josesito Lopez.

http://rin gtv.craveonline.com/blog/177421-lems-latest-the-next-24-hours-will-determine-alvarez-trout

My gut tells me Canelo is going to fight someone else, like Angulo. I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Bla Bla Bla.. We all know the fight is happening.

Comment

Did I read that right?

So there is a chance Canelo won't fight on May 4th?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          "We need to know, now, whether this is going to happen or not. Canelo wants to know, and rightfully so," said Schaefer, who informed ******.com over the weekend that the prospects were "looking good for Canelo and Trout."
          why this guy talking like he needs an answer from trout? the fighters are both in.

schaefer doing all he can to avoid trout.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            The next 24 hours should determine whether or not the world sees a unification clash of unbeaten junior middleweights between southpaw WBA titleholder Austin Trout and Mexican WBC counterpart Saul "Canelo" Alvarez as co-feature to Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero on May 4 at The MGM Grand in Las Vegas, according to Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer.

Mayweather (43-0, 26 knockouts), of Las Vegas, against Guerrero (31-1-1, 18 KOs), of Gilroy, Calif., already is set.

"So I think within the next 24 hours, we're going to find out one of three things: A) if Canelo is on the card, B) against who -- either Austin Trout or somebody else, or, C) if he's going to fight on his own date. We will find all of that out within the next 24 hours."

In his past two fights, Trout (26-0, 14 KOs) has unanimously decisioned rugged Delvin Rodriguez and four-time, three-division titlewinner Miguel Cotto in June and December, respectively.

Alvarez (41-0-1, 30 KOs) has unanimously decisioned five-time beltwinner Shane Mosley in May and scored three knockdowns on the way to September's fifth-round knockout over Josesito Lopez.

http://rin gtv.craveonline.com/blog/177421-lems-latest-the-next-24-hours-will-determine-alvarez-trout
            WOW...the Swiss Banker doing the 2 step....I doubt Trout is fighting Nelo now....I'm almost sure its not going down now...damn!!!

Comment

Canelo hasn't fought in almost 6 months, he's def fighting may 4th

Probably angulo

Comment

Originally posted by PBP
                Did I read that right?

So there is a chance Canelo won't fight on May 4th?
                You read it right and I think they're full of **** playing it like they dunno the details. WTF is gonna change in 24 hrs? Watch Canelo not be fighting Trout. They were using Trout's name to hype up the card and use the same "Canelo tried" tactic that his fans throw at you when talking about Ortiz, Kirkland and P.Will.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                  You read it right and I think they're full of **** playing it like they dunno the details. WTF is gonna change in 24 hrs? Watch Canelo not be fighting Trout. They were using Trout's name to hype up the card and use the same "Canelo tried" tactic that his fans throw at you when talking about Ortiz, Kirkland and P.Will.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  Schaefer is going to play the excuse that the fight is too big to be an undercard. If that's the case let it stand on its own in June.

Or fight Erislandy Lara who will be cheaper than Trout.

Comment

They better have some damage control ready if Canelo vs Trout isn't made and if they're taking it off the May 4th card, I'm seriously not buying it.

Comment

Working...
                    X