Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Ruslan turn down the Rios Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    Yeah... that's what I think too. I think that as a team they do not think Rios would be a good move AT THIS MOMENT. But who knows... Hopefully this gets done because it would be a modern day Gatti-Ward with the possibility of a trilogy as well. What a matchup for real. Just thinking about how violent the fight would get.
    So its not a good time to fight rios and its not a duck but Marquez says feels the same way yet hes a duck plz. Call Marquez a duck say the same about provosnikov

Comment

Originally posted by AlexaAriza View Post
      Exactly, they going hard on Marquez but its clear as day Ruslan ducking Rios, but no backlash lol.
      Ruskin knows Rios is a tough fight and one that he can possibly lose and derail his plans of earning a high profile opponent.

Which is the same exact thing Marquez is doing in hopes of getting either PAC or Bradley. Yet JMM gets disrespected by these bum posters while Ruslan "ducking" Rios doesn't raise an eyebrow because it's a foregone conclusion that Rios has no shot. Rios has never been outgunned I'd be hesitant to bet against either Rios or Ruslan if they ever met.

Comment

Quack quack.......

Comment

Well if both already said they agree then it's up to their promoter to work something out, but both fighters agreeing doesn't necessarily means their promoter would allow the fight to happen. To insinuate that Provo or Rio doesn't want it is a bit out of line.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            I refuse to believe Ruslan is scared of another fighter BUT I do believe they are having second thoughts about picking Rios as the NEXT immediate opponent after the tough fight he went thru with Alvarado. His last two fights have been physically taxing...
            I dont think that is a reason at all rios was beaten black and blue by pac and also recently lost to alvarado, so imho Rios was probably was physically taxed quite heavier than Ruslan... maybe it is more about the money?

Comment

To be absolutely honest, because Rios isn't very good. Provodnikov wants to make history, thats why he wanted marquez after bradley turned him down.

Provodnikov only wants to fight the best because he's doing this for his legacy, not for money.

Comment

Working...
              X