Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Mex vs PR rivalry good for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
    I just watched Chavez sr VS Laporte. laporte was giving it to Chavez early but started fading later in the fight. I Had Chavez winning by Two points, what do you think? Also I recenltly rewatched Cotto VS Mosely and again I thought Mosely won Cotto was doing good for rounds1-8, I had Cotto winning by two points at that time but then Mosely got aggressive and walked Cotto down from rounds 9-12. I had Mosely winning by 2 points.
    Laporte did give Chavez a good early beating especially in round 3 but I agree that he did start fading as the fight progressed so I might agree with you just a little bit on this one but on the Cotto/Mosley fight I do believe Cotto did win a very close fight...

What do you honestly think about the Cotto/Margarito 2 stoppage?

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      Laporte did give Chavez a good early beating especially in round 3 but I agree that he did start fading as the fight progressed so I might agree with you just a little bit on this one but on the Cotto/Mosley fight I do believe Cotto did win a very close fight...

What do you honestly think about the Cotto/Margarito 2 stoppage?
      I mean his eye was ****ed up.. The thing is that Margarito was starting to finally land even if Cotto was still getting the better of the exchanges. I just regret that we did not see the last rounds of the fight. Not saying that Cotto would not continue to dominate but what if Margarito would of kept the pressure and hurt Cotto???To me the stoppage was fine if it was made to protect Margarito's eye but it was weird that they stopped it right when Margarito was finally landing. I can tell you this this fight filly convinced me that Margarito did not have loaded gloves in their first fight. If Cotto fully believed that Margarito had loaded gloves in their first fight then why did he box and used so much movement in their second fight? Imo if Cotto really believed that Margs had loaded gloves the first time then he should of stood his ground and tried to kO Margarito but he didn't, once he felt that Margs power was still there in the second fight he decided to box and win by points. Margarito had the same power in the second fight and Cotto realized that.
      Last edited by RIZO24; 11-28-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I mean his eye was ****ed up.. The thing is that Margarito was starting to finally land even if Cotto was still getting the better of the exchanges. I just regret that we did not see the last rounds of the fight. Not saying that Cotto would not continue to dominate but what if Margarito would of kept the pressure and hurt Cotto???To me the stoppage was fine if it was made to protect Margarito's eye but it was weird that they stopped it right when Margarito was finally landing. I can tell you this this fight filly convinced me that Margarito did not have loaded gloves in their first fight. If Cotto fully believed that Margarito had loaded gloves in their first fight then why did he box and used so much movement in their second fight? Imo if Cotto really believed that Margs had loaded gloves the first time then he should of stood his ground and tried to kO Margarito but he didn't, once he felt that Margs power was still there in the second fight he decided to box and win by points. Margarito had the same power in the second fight and Cotto realized that.
        I'll be honest with you I was celebrating his win but at same time I wanted the fight to go the distance.

Comment

I'll be honest with you I was celebrating his win but at same time I wanted the fight to go the distance.
          Margarito and Cotto fans were robbed of some great rounds. We can only speculate what the rounds would of been like and that really bothers me. Just though of a thread title.. I will ask posters on NSB what they think those rounds would of looked like..Lol

Comment

Margarito and Cotto fans were robbed of some great rounds. We can only speculate what the rounds would of been like and that really bothers me. Just though of a thread title.. I will ask posters on NSB what they think those rounds would of looked like..Lol
            that's like staring a war.

Comment

that's like staring a war.
              I started the thread and everything is pretty legit right now. Nomas esta opinando la gente sin faltar al respeto... lol

Comment

I started the thread and everything is pretty legit right now. Nomas esta opinando la gente sin faltar al respeto... lol
                I saw it and its got potential...but its just a matter of time before the bomb explodes

Comment

boxingscene still aint as bad as youtube..

but yeah the Mex/PR rivalry has been a blessing for boxing, and I always root for Latinos regardless and i aint nationalistic or anything but I just genuinely enjoy the way Latino boxers typically fight, ALL of us fight with so much heart and passion, yes that goes for our Puerto Rican brothers too even tho their boxing scene is in a bit of a drought right now tho...

Comment

I didnt even think that rivalry still lived ?

Comment

Of course it is. I cant wait for rios vs garcia if they ever fight. To cultures with alot of pride. Great for boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X