Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really hope Capoeira catches on in MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see in cases like that where it's super effective, and I can see why it would be tricky. But from what I understand the actual practical techniques are quite limited. Although I do think that that kinda style would be perfectly suited for someone like an Imanari, who's just that wild risk taker, that even if they fly and miss a kick they're not worried because their grappling game is just THAT sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
      I can see in cases like that where it's super effective, and I can see why it would be tricky. But from what I understand the actual practical techniques are quite limited. Although I do think that that kinda style would be perfectly suited for someone like an Imanari, who's just that wild risk taker, that even if they fly and miss a kick they're not worried because their grappling game is just THAT sick.
      "I find it funny, on MMA forums i have to deal with dumbasses saying Boxing is dead, and on Boxing forums i have to deal with dumbasses saying MMA is gay...smh... "

What does smh mean, so much hate? And yeah, I've been saying that for a while too. I'm sick of boxing fans also saying MMA is a fad, as if anything that lasts 20 years like the UFC can be considered a fad, or Pancrase or Shooto, which came before the UFC and all the other NHB and Vale Tudo competitions decades before then, which disproves that theory as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        "I find it funny, on MMA forums i have to deal with dumbasses saying Boxing is dead, and on Boxing forums i have to deal with dumbasses saying MMA is gay...smh... "

What does smh mean, so much hate? And yeah, I've been saying that for a while too. I'm sick of boxing fans also saying MMA is a fad, as if anything that lasts 20 years like the UFC can be considered a fad, or Pancrase or Shooto, which came before the UFC and all the other NHB and Vale Tudo competitions decades before then, which disproves that theory as well.
        Smh just meansn "Shake My Head". I agree, it's stupid as hell. I can't stand it from either side, when I hear idiot MMA guys go "o0o0o0o0o Boxing is dead!! We're the new thing." it sounds almost as dumb as when the haters pull the whole, "Only skinhead idiots watch that ****!!!" as if there aren't any Boxing fans like that.

Comment

Would not work if it was someones primary base of attack, could be effective if a few cap skills were implemented into an already existing combo of styles.

Comment

Yeah I'm surprised Anderson Silva hasn't used it in a fight yet. He has trained in it and likes to try different techniques. I believe he got the first front kick to the face knockout in MMA. He's also the only guy I've ever seen who could reverse on an opponent from the bottom with a body triangle.

Comment

The force of the kick in the second video is insane. You could hear the guy's bones snap.

I'd rather fight kimbo on the street than a real capoeira master.

Comment

Only works well against people not accustomed to Capoeira. If they are, moves can be fairly predictable and very vulnerable to simple counters. Its a showy martial art, not particularly effective in this venue.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                  The force of the kick in the second video is insane. You could hear the guy's bones snap.

I'd rather fight kimbo on the street than a real capoeira master.
                  Too bad Kimbo has never had occasion to employ any kaporera techniques yet in his fights, eh.

Comment

A waste of energy moving around, better to utilize the main movements/moves that are beneficial. Maybe a few can use the pure style, but not really. Like Muhammad Ali danced all the time, but it's not practical; be like Leonard who copies the main movements without using as much energy.

Comment

In order for it to be an effective style someone needs to modernize it. If someone were to add in some basic techniques, remove or modify the ginga dance, and create set ups for some of the techniques it could be used.

Comment

Working...
                      X