Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Are The Pillow Punchers of Boxing Today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devon,Bradley, Dawson, Paulie, Floyd

Comment

Chris John

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
        i have compiled a list based on the boxer's overall knock out percentage

1. Timothy Bradley (12 KOs) - actually rams his head more than his fists

2. Robert Guerrero (18 KOs) - more of an arm puncher and has piss poor stamina

3. Devon Alexander (13 KOs) - has got to be the most feather fisted fighter in the bunch

4. Paulie Malignaggi (7 KOs) - another feather fisted fighter, could not even give a good showing against his last opponent, a natural JWW

5. Miguel Vazquez (13 KOs) - had a hard time in his last fight, debuted as a WW but a current lightweight champion

6. Chad Dawson (17 KOs) - hasn't had a knock out victory since 2007

your thoughts?
        dawson isnt a bad puncher at all. every single fighter hes fought respected his power. hes kind of like floyd, not a huge puncher but he can certainly hurt you. the sole reason they dont have more KOs is that they are so defensive minded and choose not to use their power.

but name a fighter who wasnt mindful of chads punches? even guys like tarver, g. johnson and hopkins showed tremendous respect for his power. the man hurt adamek ffs.. pillow puncher my ass.

devon can crack too when he sits down on his ****, which is seldom. urango has a great chin and devon knocked his ass out. devon tends to slap with his punches when he gets put under pressure but when he turns his **** over he can bang, dude just doesnt have that go get em' attitude. doesnt look for a stoppage if hes winning on points either, like chad.

guerrero isnt a bad puncher either and im not even gonna bother explaining that one. terrible list.. just terrible.

Comment

C'mon Paulie got to win this. He's got feather in both fists and he aint afraid to use it!

Comment

Paulie's got feather dusters in both hands, he should be atop everybody's list. Good boxer though. I think Bradley has decent pop, he just never sits down on his punches.

Comment

I think you're a fucking idiot.

Ask Urango about Alexander's pillow fists.

Records are for DJs, ****.

Comment

Amir khan....

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                  Excellent list but if we're going on recent years, I'd say the biggest name is Pacquiao. Hasn't had a KO since Cotto in 09'
                  KOs come from timing, luck, and how defensive your opponent is being.

I can't think of any serious boxing fan who would call Pacquiao feather fisted.

If you think he's feather fisted try challenging him to a street fight. Then you'll be famous for beating pacquiao.
                  Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-30-2012, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Malignaggi, Bradley, Vazquez, Abril.

Alexander and Guerrero are horrible mentions. Guerrero had enough pop to hurt Berto SEVERAL times early on and late, enough power coming up to hurt a big WW. And ask Juan Urango about Alexander's feather fists.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                      Amir khan....
                      ... finally - for the amount of punches he throws....

Comment

Working...
                      X