Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did MARQUEZ deserve as much money as MOSLEY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't you make this exact same thread yesterday?

Why not just bump that one?

Instead of having duplicate threads?

Comment

JMM highest pay day today is what comapred to mosely?

Comment

Definatley more than shane

Comment

Originally posted by tacuso View Post
          9/19/2009 Floyd Mayweather vs. Juan Manuel Márquez ----1,050,000 PPV BUYS
          5/1/2010 Floyd Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley ---- 1,400,000 PPV BUYS

Live Gate Attendance of their most recent fights:

Mosley vs Mora = 13, 592 (Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA)--> seating capacity(20,000).

Marquez vs Katsidis = 4,920 (MGM Grand garden arena, Las Vegas, NV) --> seating capacity(17,000).

and Mosley is not with GBP while JMM is with GBP.
          Gino, your good on numbers right? can you translate these numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by sapaw View Post
            Gino, your good on numbers right? can you translate these numbers?
            Th reason those numbers are so low for the Marquez vs Katsidis fight is because most Marquez and regular fight fans believed there was no point in the fight .Juan Diaz beat down Katsidis and JM Marquez had beat down Diaz. Jm Marquez deserved more than Mosely!!

Comment

hell yeah marquez deserves the same as shane or any top dollar amount for that matter, he is the only one in recent years who has gave pacquiao a run for his money.

and actually, has disputed wins over pacquiao, which is more than anyone else who's fought him can say, in recent years, obviously.

but what a crock of steamy sheit, marquez is the man right now, he's on top of his game, and is on a mission, i think pacquiao and team are aware of that and don't want any part of marquez because he poses too much of a threat.

even if pacquiao was to win, it wouldn't be easy, and it probably wouldn't make him look like a god, like he has been against the guys he's fought.

marquez is too much for pacquiao at this point in his career, i say that because, pacquiao's fights have been fairly easy for him, although on the surface they've looked challenging but in reality with the special weight demands, they've neutralized those opponents natural strengths.

marquez is right there with pacquiao, he would be quick, sharp, on point, and guaranteed to go hard for 12 rounds, something pacquiao hasn't had to do and wants to avoid.

also, i say marquez is too much for pacquiao right now, because pacquiao has become comfortable fighting these type fights with the contract being his biggest ko punch in these fights and he's gotten comfortable wearing silk pajama's and sleeping in silk sheets.

marquez is HUNGRY as a mofo, so you know, pacquiao doesn't want to fight him, they'd rather try and have JMM soften up a bit by fighting berto, and in either case of a win or a loss, they probably still don't want to fight him.

i like pacquiao, don't get me wrong, BUT I LIKE BOXING MORE, and pacquiao needs to stop milking it with fights that no one wants to see, and arum needs to quit sheitting in the boxing fans mouths and calling it a sunday........

i understand how all these match ups and weight demands were in need at some point as when manny was moving up in weight, now it's a science in how to subvert a real threat and make it look like the threat is all so real.....

it's a game that was working without much scrutiny until now, i don't think anyone will or would complain about pacquiao fighting mosley, it's just the timing. the timing of mosley getting the fight and the timing of marquez being available.

nothing against berto but i think he should fight some other guys and create a buzzing demand to see him fight, as of right now, even if he has a belt, he's a prospect at best and needs to create a demand.

marquez has already done that and done more so than mosley.........

in any case, i will be rooting for mosley, i've been a fan of his longer, and i usually like underdogs.

as a pacquiao fan, this type sheit needs to stop..............

Comment

Originally posted by tacuso View Post
                9/19/2009 Floyd Mayweather vs. Juan Manuel Márquez ----1,050,000 PPV BUYS
                5/1/2010 Floyd Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley ---- 1,400,000 PPV BUYS

Live Gate Attendance of their most recent fights:

Mosley vs Mora = 13, 592 (Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA)--> seating capacity(20,000).

Marquez vs Katsidis = 4,920 (MGM Grand garden arena, Las Vegas, NV) --> seating capacity(17,000).

and Mosley is not with GBP while JMM is with GBP.
                this says it all. numbers don't lie, mosley is a much bigger draw than marquez. casual boxing fans don't care if JMM beat guys in fights that they don't even bother to watch.

Comment

if only jmm had a lil class when it comes to pac, maybe he'd be getting this payday instaed of shane.....

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                    hell yeah marquez deserves the same as shane or any top dollar amount for that matter, he is the only one in recent years who has gave pacquiao a run for his money.

and actually, has disputed wins over pacquiao, which is more than anyone else who's fought him can say, in recent years, obviously.

but what a crock of steamy sheit, marquez is the man right now, he's on top of his game, and is on a mission, i think pacquiao and team are aware of that and don't want any part of marquez because he poses too much of a threat.

even if pacquiao was to win, it wouldn't be easy, and it probably wouldn't make him look like a god, like he has been against the guys he's fought.

marquez is too much for pacquiao at this point in his career, i say that because, pacquiao's fights have been fairly easy for him, although on the surface they've looked challenging but in reality with the special weight demands, they've neutralized those opponents natural strengths.

marquez is right there with pacquiao, he would be quick, sharp, on point, and guaranteed to go hard for 12 rounds, something pacquiao hasn't had to do and wants to avoid.

also, i say marquez is too much for pacquiao right now, because pacquiao has become comfortable fighting these type fights with the contract being his biggest ko punch in these fights and he's gotten comfortable wearing silk pajama's and sleeping in silk sheets.

marquez is HUNGRY as a mofo, so you know, pacquiao doesn't want to fight him, they'd rather try and have JMM soften up a bit by fighting berto, and in either case of a win or a loss, they probably still don't want to fight him.

i like pacquiao, don't get me wrong, BUT I LIKE BOXING MORE, and pacquiao needs to stop milking it with fights that no one wants to see, and arum needs to quit sheitting in the boxing fans mouths and calling it a sunday........

i understand how all these match ups and weight demands were in need at some point as when manny was moving up in weight, now it's a science in how to subvert a real threat and make it look like the threat is all so real.....

it's a game that was working without much scrutiny until now, i don't think anyone will or would complain about pacquiao fighting mosley, it's just the timing. the timing of mosley getting the fight and the timing of marquez being available.

nothing against berto but i think he should fight some other guys and create a buzzing demand to see him fight, as of right now, even if he has a belt, he's a prospect at best and needs to create a demand.

marquez has already done that and done more so than mosley.........

in any case, i will be rooting for mosley, i've been a fan of his longer, and i usually like underdogs.

as a pacquiao fan, this type sheit needs to stop..............

No questions that JMM deserves a fight on Pac more than mosely. JMM fight will be more competitive and it should be at 140lbs. For us hardcore boxing fans, we want JMM - Pac and Mosely - Pac is a junk.

but on business perspective, with these numbers and take note that Mosely even came from lopsided loss to Mayweather and JMM comes from impressive win with Diaz:

now, if you still think JMM deserves same purse or even more on Mosely, no point of debating coz seems your not open for open discussions ...

Merry Christmas to all!

Comment

no ...if i was pac, with the way jmm always acts about pac, id say **** him and he aint getting more than he did vs floyd, id give him less......

Comment

Working...
                      X