**the official 49ers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
    I agree 100%.........so then what's the beef??????? pfffffffhahahaha
    To be real Rav, I have no beef. The post that I quoted made it seem as if the Raiders have no Legacy. That is in fact wrong....

The Raiders have the most wins of any team in the NFL (since the merger, and even after the last seven horrible seasons). The have won the most division titles. They also have three Super Bowls.

To say, or act as if the Raiders have no Legacy is silly, and misinformed. Not saying you said that, but that was the point of the post I quoted.

The Raiders have a very storied history...To say other wise, well, just isn't smart.

Now as far as Dynasties go, the 49ers and Pitt (the Steelers stand alone to be honest) sit on top of that mountain. I have no argument there.

Comment

• You guys know the raiders really only got famous because of the publicity NWA gave them right? They rapped and wore raiders hats, so everyone followed the movement.

Otherwise, the raiders legacy is fairly dull.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        You guys know the raiders really only got famous because of the publicity NWA gave them right? They rapped and wore raiders hats, so everyone followed the movement.

Otherwise, the raiders legacy is fairly dull.
        Another stupid comment...Yeah, cause the Raiders were just garbage in Oakland...Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
          Another stupid comment...Yeah, cause the Raiders were just garbage in Oakland...Right?

No, as a southern california native. It was the whole pop culture that made the raiders organization blow up. That and the way they played ball. Overly-aggressive, constant fighting, dirty hits, etc etc.

Comment

No, as a southern california native. It was the whole pop culture that made the raiders organization blow up. That and the way they played ball. Overly-aggressive, constant fighting, dirty hits, etc etc.
            Bro, you are not making any sense....

The Raiders had a Legacy before they moved to LA. True they won 2 Super Bowls there, but were, and still are one of the most winning teams in the history of the league.

They played Green Bay in the final 2 NFL championships, before the super bowl was ever thought of. The only rival they had in the 70's was Pitt.

I have no time to educate those that have their minds made up already. If that is what you believe, than fine.

So you say the Raiders were only an item in the 80's? Sorry to inform you that they were one of the most talked about teams 20 year before that.

Comment

• Doesn't matter when you compare it to a team who has won every super bowl they have ever been to with 2 of the #1 greatest players to their position.

Many people in my family are loyal raider fans. I don't need education, i'm not from new orleans or something. Southern california, IE. I know raiders history. Not a fan of them, don't hate them either, but real recognize real.

Comment

Doesn't matter when you compare it to a team who has won every super bowl they have ever been to with 2 of the #1 greatest players to their position.

Many people in my family are loyal raider fans. I don't need education, i'm not from new orleans or something. Southern california, IE. I know raiders history. Not a fan of them, don't hate them either, but real recognize real.
                I assume that was a compliment (if not, oh well)...My whole point is this, the Raiders have been relevant in every decade since the merger. They were also a force in the AFL (before Al became the coach from the Chargers).

The Raiders are one of the most recognized teams in all of sports. They have a Legacy.

The real problem is, most people only identify them with what they have been doing currently (and that is nothing). To say they have no legacy though, as stated before, that is silly and uninformed.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
                    LMAO!!! You bastard!

Comment

• Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
                      LMAO!!! You bastard!
                      ahhahahhhha..................green k for you my good sir!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X