Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dab that ...Denver dominated carolina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was nice seeing a physically broken Manning get carried to a SB win by a great defense. Redemption for some of the great teams he had with pathetic defenses. But he needs to retire. He is completely shot.

I knew once this game was 10-0 that it was over. There is something real about winning tough close games all year. Broncos won a bunch of close games. Even if Cam would have come back and scored a late td, no doubt in my mind Broncos would have found a way to get a few first downs and win by a FG.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Congrats Denver, now I have to listen to these fans talk about this for a decade lol

My take aways.....

1) Cam is a front runner. Great guy and teammate when he's winning.....and when he's losing he pouts on the sidelines, after plays, and then doesn't dive into the pile to get the fumble late in the game??? But what should we expect with a father and enabler like Cecil Newton Sr???

2) Cam is no Brady, Rodgers, Ben, Brees, or even Wilson. He's really good, but he's not those guys yet, and he shrunk in the moment on the biggest stage. It's not like he was a 1st or 2nd year QB. He's a 5th year QB, league MVP, and he got punked by the same defense that Big Ben torched in the regular season, and then threw for 350 again and has his team in position to win in the playoffs.

3) Denver defense is great, very very good. They played lights out. Still, statistically speaking, they were still not as dominant all year as the 2000 Ravens, 2008 Steelers, 2013 Seahawks. Let alone the greatest defense of all time the 1970's Steelers that won 4 Super Bowls and sent guys to a combined 57 Pro Bowls, and had 4 Hall of Famers in Joe Greene, Jack Ham, Jack Lambert, Mel Blount. Not to mention LC Greenwood, Andy Russell, Donnie Shell who SHOULD BE in the hall of fame. But damn, they did play lights out this post season.

4) This win adds ZERO to Peyton Mannings legacy. He's still firmly behind Montana and Brady, and maybe barely ahead of of Elway, Bradshaw, Favre, Unitas, etc. But go out on top Peyton, cause you are done. I think they said it was the worst offense to win the super bowl, ever. Lowest yards, lowest QBR, lowest amount of converted 3rd downs, etc. Just retire Peyton.

5) If Pittsburgh or New England are remotely healthy, either of them win the whole thing. New England was playing this post season with a make shift offensive line, and absolutely no running game. Pittsburgh was playing the game against Denver with no DeAngelo Williams, Antonio Brown, and a hobbled Big Ben. Not to mention we were already missing Leveon Bell most of the year, Maurkice Pouncey the best center in football all year, and another quality linemen in Kelvin Beachum. And we still were driving to win the game until our 3rd string RB who no one had ever heard of until the playoff game against Cincy fumbled the ball away to Denver. If we have even AB in the game, we win. If we have AB and DeAngelo, we win handily. If we have AB, Pouncey, and Leveon, we win going away and I think we win it all. It's a shame we couldn't get our Pro Bowlers Ben, Bell, AB, Pouncey, plus Martavis Bryant who has supreme talent, all on the field at the same time. My only hope is next year that happens.

6) Vontaze Burfict and Bill Belichick are the real MVP's. Bill Belichick for botching the Jets game in the regular season when he elected to defend in OT which gave the Jets the game, and ultimately gave Denver home field. No way Denver wins IN NEW ENGLAND IN THE PLAYOFFS. NO WAY. And Belichick not kicking the FG on either drive late in the game, especially when there was 6 minutes and 3 TO's left. And of course Vontaze Burfict who injured Leveon Bell for the year, injured Antonio Brown for the divisional game, and injured Big Ben on the sack and drove his knee into his throwing shoulder.
      About number 4 I tend to agree, but SB wins are such a big deal to people that they often don't even look at the stats. On paper Manning has 2 rings, only QB to ever start for two different SB winning teams. That firmly places him behind Brady and Montana without much debate.

Also worth noting he is 3-1 against Brady in Championship games and he played well in pretty much all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
        Fact is. That call no call.
        Cam couldnt get them in the endzone.
        Plenty of opportunities.

Cam failed miserably on the biggest stage in football. Levels to this
        Cam Newton receivers failed him by dropping passes. I thought he played well he didn't run enough when he had lanes open to take off

Comment

The Patriots gave Denver a better game than Carolina! Unbelievable.

Comment

Brady is better than Newton. It has been proven scientifically.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

3) Denver defense is great, very very good. They played lights out. Still, statistically speaking, they were still not as dominant all year as the 2000 Ravens, 2008 Steelers, 2013 Seahawks. Let alone the greatest defense of all time the 1970's Steelers that won 4 Super Bowls and sent guys to a combined 57 Pro Bowls, and had 4 Hall of Famers in Joe Greene, Jack Ham, Jack Lambert, Mel Blount. Not to mention LC Greenwood, Andy Russell, Donnie Shell who SHOULD BE in the hall of fame. But damn, they did play lights out this post season.
              Nobody ever remembers the 2002 Bucs in this conversation. They were absolutely incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                I hate the Broncos, but I like Peyton Manning. I'm glad he got to win another Super Bowl before retiring.

Seeing Cam's sad face made me smile. I thought he was gonna cry.
                That flop he did at the end of the game was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Nobody ever remembers the 2002 Bucs in this conversation. They were absolutely incredible.
                  He forgot the 85 Bears I noticed

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
                    He forgot the 85 Bears I noticed
                    I remember seeing statistically that the 85 Bears and the 02 Bucs were the most dominant defenses ever. A bunch of the notable defenses ever were ranked in a variety of different stats and advanced metrics and those two were at the top of damn near everything. Can't remember where I saw that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
                      The Patriots gave Denver a better game than Carolina! Unbelievable.
                      I told brush this very thing would happen.

Cam was vastly overrated before this game.and still is.

He is a little kid in a big body.
                      Denver won fair and square vs three top teams . manning out played can. And Denver's special teams out played carolinas

Comment

Working...
                      X