No announcement yet.

Canelo-Khan purses.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Invictas View Post
    The amount of coverage already given by Sky sports shows their interest, this fight will be PPV on Sky whether you like it or not.
    Exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      If Froch-Groves 2 sold 900k, I think Canelo-Khan can do it too, even though it was only the price of take-out Chinese food at 16.75 or whatever.
      No comparison. Froch-Groves 2 was a perfect storm. It just fell into their lap. Sky have a lot of influence but they won't be able to do anything like that with Khan-Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Joshua is being explicitly backed by Sky Sports/Matchroom Sport, with most believing that Joshua may actually be the next great heavyweight fighter, let alone British fighter; they've brought Joshua along as best as one could expect, have started to dabble with him being a PPV fighter, and the early returns are increasingly promising.

The only entity that's ever backed Khan in anything like that is Frank Warren and his BoxNation platform; Sky Sport's interest in Amir Khan, to be blunt, only go as far as staging a massive domestic fight with domestic rival Kell Brook, a fighter that Sky Sports and Matchroom Sport have invested in building up.

For all the talk of Joshua already being a massive PPV success, context is key; 400k PPV buys, even at the most favorable of terms, still only brought in ~$4m on the take, a figure subsidized by a massive live gate.

Is BoxNation really going to shell out the massive bucks for a fight that they'll be getting at 3 in the morning, without the benefit of a live gate, for a fighter whose UK popularity, to me, is in doubt for the simple reason of his fans having not seen him in years? I doubt it.
        Where are you getting your numbers from? Where are you even from, because you don't really know what you are talking about. How does 400k ppv buys equate to $4 million? First of all the currency in this country is pound sterling, and 400k ppv buys @ £15 (£20 on the night) is a minimum take of £6 million, out of which 40% normally goes to the network (Sky).

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          Where are you getting your numbers from? Where are you even from, because you don't really know what you are talking about. How does 400k ppv buys equate to $4 million? First of all the currency in this country is pound sterling, and 400k ppv buys @ £15 (£20 on the night) is a minimum take of £6 million, out of which 40% normally goes to the network (Sky).
          Sky never release official figures so the figures being bandied about are merely speculation.

It seems to me people because of their hatred of Khan are hoping against hope this fight isnt PPV in the U.K.

The British Media including Sky are already giving this fight massive hype. It will be a big event no matter how much the Khan haters dislike it.

Comment

I don't think it is a cash grab by Khan at all. He could have made much more money fighting Brook. Brook is a dangerous opponent but not nearly as dangerous as Canelo. Khan really thinks he is the greatest and he intends to prove it by beating Canelo. I can't imagine Khan risking a humiliating KO defeat just for cash. I think Canelo will knock Khan out quickly and easily. Khan believes in his fighting skills and expects to beat Canelo.

Comment

Sky never release official figures so the figures being bandied about are merely speculation.

It seems to me people because of their hatred of Khan are hoping against hope this fight isnt PPV in the U.K.

The British Media including Sky are already giving this fight massive hype. It will be a big event no matter how much the Khan haters dislike it.
              Yeah Sky generally don't, sometimes it comes out in the media, but I don't understand some people. Whether you like a fighter or not, just call a spade a spade. This is a big fight which is caught everyone off guard and it will for sure be on ppv in the UK, there is no doubt about it. I have a lot of friends who are casual boxing fans and I know this will grab them because it captures the imagination and there is a big unknown to it, and I know some of my friends will watch because they think they will be guaranteed a KO (of Khan).

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                Yeah Sky generally don't, sometimes it comes out in the media, but I don't understand some people. Whether you like a fighter or not, just call a spade a spade. This is a big fight which is caught everyone off guard and it will for sure be on ppv in the UK, there is no doubt about it. I have a lot of friends who are casual boxing fans and I know this will grab them because it captures the imagination and there is a big unknown to it, and I know some of my friends will watch because they think they will be guaranteed a KO (of Khan).
                Exactly a lot of people will gladly pay hoping to see Khan get knocked out...Others will pay because its a great against the odds underdog story.

Surprising the amount of casuals I heard mentioning this fight...Once the fight gets closer The British Media will be going full throttle hyping it. The fight might not be good for Khans long term health, but it will be good for Boxing.
                Last edited by Invictas; 02-07-2016, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I don't think it is a cash grab by Khan at all. He could have made much more money fighting Brook. Brook is a dangerous opponent but not nearly as dangerous as Canelo. Khan really thinks he is the greatest and he intends to prove it by beating Canelo. I can't imagine Khan risking a humiliating KO defeat just for cash. I think Canelo will knock Khan out quickly and easily. Khan believes in his fighting skills and expects to beat Canelo.
                  Khan probably just couldn't stomach losing to Kell Brook, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Don't think we'll know the exact figures until closer to the fight.

Ultimately, this fight and payday allows Khan to return to 147 and get another payday as he's expected to lose. It's a win-win financially.
                    If he makes it out of this fight alive...

Comment

The amount of coverage already given by Sky sports shows their interest, this fight will be PPV on Sky whether you like it or not.
                      Willing to make a wager on that?

Comment

Working...
                      X