No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I Would Retire Angulo, I Can Beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lara: I Would Retire Angulo, I Can Beat Mayweather

WBA interim-junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (18-1-2, 12KOs) is still looking to secure the big names. Back in June, he overcame two tough knockdowns to stop dangerous contender Alfredo Angulo in the tenth round at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California.

Lara sat down with BoxingScene.com to discuss Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Saul Alvarez, Angulo's recent comments that he cheated during their fight, and more. [Click Here To Read More]

this man beats floyd mayweather

Comment

Lara can't beat Floyd. But he will soon be named the WBC titlist when Floyd drops that belt. So a rematch with Molina would be a unification. And a unified cham could be somewhat of an attractive opponent for Floyd. Especially if that match were put on Floyd's undercard next May.

Comment

I just don't see how anyone could dislike Lara. He's a very good fighter and he's willing to fight the best boxers out there. Lara should definitely beat Angulo in the rematch. I want to see him get his title shot first though. It's been long overdue. A Floyd fight isn't likely but it's definitely a compelling matchup.

Comment

I really don't believe May would want any part of Lara..Not a knock on him for it,it's a bad style match up for him..This would be the one fight I'd pick against May in..

Comment

I like what he said. He wants to earn it by beating Canelo, Martinez, Trout or Molina

Comment

WAR LANDY LARA!!!!

Give this guy the fights he wants and he will deliver. He beats Molina and Angulo in a rematch convincely. If he gets a shot at Mayweather if would be a solid fight.

Lara has a great thumb punch that will blow up Mayweather eyes if they fight haha

Comment

Bed mattress as a ring mat, lol.

I so want to see Lara vs Floyd, Lara is the only fighter capable of being competitive.

Comment

I would be on the fence on this one. I truly believe Lara has what it takes to beat Maywheather. Will he be able to deliver....that is another question!

Comment

Great interview. For all those that have been screaming for a Molina rematch, there you go. I would welcome a rematch with either Carlos or Angulo, moreso Molina. Lara's fight with him was too controversial. Let's clear things up. As for Alfredo, Landy won that fight clearly. He rose from the canvass twice to literally beat "Perro" into submission. A rematch would be exciting, so I wouldn't mind it, but there's no real need.

Comment

Working...
                    X