Collapse
No announcement yet.

once again i witnessed proof lifting weights doesn't make you stronger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 year olds were passing, fat women, etc... It made no sense. By looking at the guy he could run 10 miles & bench 400lbs... I bet he would be the first to get hurt...
    Last edited by joe strong; 07-23-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

You don't breed race horses to do the work of a donkey! LOL!!!!

Comment

Back in the day my dad would go all day lifting construction equipment around, moving, and little breaks I could barely keep up with him. But I could lift way more weight then him in the gym (now that is) in every exercise, who is stronger?

Comment

The big bodybuilder types usually lack endurance. It takes a lot of oxygen and energy to fuel those show muscles.

Comment

They're was a 2 week stretch at work where I had to hit a steel clam shell with a an 8lb sledge for 10 hours a day. It was a 12 hour shift with start up and shut down as well on the plant. Ear plugs, 2 plus gallons of water, vegas summer heat in a tunnel. Hard isn't cut out for everybody. Its the measure of a man where I work.

Comment

Why do people allways feel the need to hate on bodybuilders.

I remember one of my highshool teachers told us that someone who is an experienced martial artist could easly beat up a bodybuilders. Of course they could, bodybuilders arent fighters and they are not supposed to be good fighters.

Its like people feel intimidated and threatened by bodybuilders so they start criticising them.

Comment

I think it comes from resentment of how the bodybuilder physique is pushed by the culture at large as being the ultimate and what we should all be striving for.

When in reality it's crap for most real world applications.

Comment

Bodybuilders don't train for strength or even to be well conditioned. They use weights (both light and heavy) to engage and stimulate the muscles, they just want to achieve enough stimulation so that the muscle fibres tear and then repair themselves enabling them to grow back bigger when coupled with a high calorie diet. It's all about aesthetics.

It is absolutely no surprise to me that this guy couldn't hack the work, the only thing that surprises me is that if he is a personal trainer then he should have been a bit better conditioned. But lets be honest, it doesn't take a lot to achieve that status.

Next time, see how a power lifter/anyone who trains for strength does.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                    Bodybuilders don't train for strength or even to be well conditioned. They use weights (both light and heavy) to engage and stimulate the muscles, they just want to achieve enough stimulation so that the muscle fibres tear and then repair themselves enabling them to grow back bigger when coupled with a high calorie diet. It's all about aesthetics.

It is absolutely no surprise to me that this guy couldn't hack the work, the only thing that surprises me is that if he is a personal trainer then he should have been a bit better conditioned. But lets be honest, it doesn't take a lot to achieve that status.

Next time, see how a power lifter/anyone who trains for strength does.
                    Bodybuilding is very hard. you have to dieet 24/7 all year. go to the gym 4-5 times a week. Its a lifestyle. It requires lots of discipline.

Strength is not their number 1 priority however they are strong.

Comment

Remember Mariusz Pudzianowski? He was the World's Strongest Man at one point but when he did MMA he damn near turned purple from exertion in one of his fights after like 1 round.

Comment

Working...
                      X