• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
    cocaine????
    first thing that crossed my mind...

Comment

why can't you say anything? is it just too rude for Japanese culture?
      Yeah, it would be pretty rude. The whole not diminishing someone's face thing.

Besides that, generally speaking whenever you "approach" someone about something in Japan, everyone uses super polite Japanese. I'm basically incapable of using the super polite form, and would end up talking to him just like something normal, which would be deemed quite offensive in this culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post

Besides that, generally speaking whenever you "approach" someone about something in Japan, everyone uses super polite Japanese. I'm basically incapable of using the super polite form, and would end up talking to him just like something normal, which would be deemed quite offensive in this culture.
        Can you write him a letter?

Comment

In my office, the woman in the office next to mine is constantly sneezing. Since she's a woman and in Latin American culture your supposed to be really respectful towards women, the other guy in the office always says "bless you" but I'm tired of it.

She sneezes like every 10 minutes in an 8 hour day. Enough is enough

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
            Can you write him a letter?
            Hah, that could be something to think about.

But no.

The conventional thing to do would be to consult with my senior classmates about it. Yeah, no shit.

Comment

why can't you say anything? is it just too rude for Japanese culture?

actually, confrontations in japan are settled to this very day by the sword in ritual combat.

the sword is drawn from the scabbard with fluidity, the opponent is struck a fatal blow, and then the sword is cleaned.

if you challenge me, i will accept.

Nogodoshi-sama :

get him a box of tissues. i'm not sure how well being a wise ass translates into the japanese language and culture, but ive got to figure it will give him a hint. you can do it anonymously, or just swagger on over there and hand them to him, NE style, with your huge american fists.

otherwise, there was some talk in the drunk lang about whiskey curing the common cold. you could pour him a glass..

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post

What about the fact that the disgusting practice of recycling mucus continues to take place. Where does that fall on the spectrum of proper etiquette?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  actually, confrontations in japan are settled to this very day by the sword in ritual combat.

the sword is drawn from the scabbard with fluidity, the opponent is struck a fatal blow, and then the sword is cleaned.

if you challenge me, i will accept.

Nogodoshi-sama :

get him a box of tissues. i'm not sure how well being a wise ass translates into the japanese language and culture, but ive got to figure it will give him a hint. you can do it anonymously, or just swagger on over there and hand them to him, NE style, with your huge american fists.

otherwise, there was some talk in the drunk lang about whiskey curing the common cold. you could pour him a glass..
                  Hah, those are some good ideas. If he leaves, and I get a little bit more drunk, I might just pull of the tissue gaf.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                    What about the fact that the disgusting practice of recycling mucus continues to take place. Where does that fall on the spectrum of proper etiquette?
                    I can't really say.

I'll have to consult with my senpai (senior classmates).

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      Ugh. I ****in' loathe the wretched, subhuman pieces of **** who engage in that sort of disgusting behavior.

Apart from being really disgusting it makes no goddamn sense at all - There's no logic behind the decision whatsoever.

"Hey, I've got a bunch of snot clogging up my nose, but instead of blowing my nose like a normal human being I'm just going to snort it like cocaine."

A lot of times they swallow afterwards which is so gross it makes me want to hold them down and **** in their mouths. They'd probably swallow that, too.

/Rant
                      Can't really purport to disagree.

Comment

Working...
                      X