This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    If Troyston Deeney goes to Leicester for 30 million pound sterling I will seriously consider giving up watching football.

Troy Deeney for 30 million quid!!!! Thirty million pounds. For TRoy Deeney. Deeney Troy.

I refuse to believe.
    Troy Deeney, Andy Carroll and Raheem Sterling; a combined £115million.

Welcome to the modern day Premier League.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      It best be some sort of sick twisted joke.

And then bidding 15m for Micheal Keane? Who the bloody hell is he?

I get that it's ironic coming from a Liverpool fan given some of the dog ****e we've spent big money on but seeing a club like Leciester do it really hits home just how much silly money there is in football nowadays. At least we're a massive club. Leicester doe. Are they trying to go back down to the Championship with those sort of signings?

You've got big money so what do you decide to do? Spend 30 million quid on a 29 year old Troy Deeney. The mind boggles.
      they'd only go down if they were planning on replacing vardy with deeney. if they keep vardy then deeney would be decent. 30 mill is about 18 million too much though. he's 27 btw, not 29

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
          That was 6 years ago ffs. Are yanks still holding onto that meaningless achievement?
          6 years later and England again failed to win another subpar group. That's their identity, isn't it? Always underwhelming and underperforming.

They have the Premier League, doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
            Juts seen a video of Ronaldo throwing an interviewer's mic into a near by lake while out with the Portugal squad.

Must of just seen Messi's free-kick.
            He has personal beef with the channel.

Comment

• What are the chances of a Wales-England final?

Even Portugal can see the finals with that draw.

Italy or Spain go out early. Germany or the winner of Italy-Spain go out second. France v. England is almost guaranteed and if England smack up France early with a quick goal. France will fold like they usually do.

Then Germany-England. That would be the real battle. Germany don't have much in attack but still can't be broken down. Play some classic Jose-ball and England could possibly smash and grab a win.

Wales-Portugal is the match up of the other side. Bale v. Ronaldo really and I favor Wales with Ramsey + Bale.

Leaves a potential Wales-England final. Crazy stuff if it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                What are the chances of a Wales-England final?

Even Portugal can see the finals with that draw.

Italy or Spain go out early. Germany or the winner of Italy-Spain go out second. France v. England is almost guaranteed and if England smack up France early with a quick goal. France will fold like they usually do.

Then Germany-England. That would be the real battle. Germany don't have much in attack but still can't be broken down. Play some classic Jose-ball and England could possibly smash and grab a win.

Wales-Portugal is the match up of the other side. Bale v. Ronaldo really and I favor Wales with Ramsey + Bale.

Leaves a potential Wales-England final. Crazy stuff if it happens.
                Croatia are the best team on the Wales side. I'd back them to get to the final.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  This is why I think Chelsea might as well spend £50 million on Leonardo Bonucci...if the cash is there.

Yeah he's 29. But if Deeney cost that - that deal actually looks like a good deal. We'd have probably the best defender in league.

I think it is at that stage now - when any old half decent player is about £30-£40 million. It would seem sensible to me to make-do to an extent and just go balls deep on the real world talent.

Chelsea need to be active - but even as a fan I would rather not bother with new players if you have to pay £45 million for Alvaro Morata, or £30 million for Simone Zaza. It is not my money, granted, but its grotesque.
                  what's the point in buying anyone anymore really.

When Roma turns down 35m for Radja and turns around and sells their most creative mid for less to a direct rival. **** has gone full ******.

If it's not Lewandowski, Kroos, Neymar, Messi, Alaba, Ronaldo, Suarez, or Bale. There is no point in buying anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                    Croatia are the best team on the Wales side. I'd back them to get to the final.
                    You think so?

Croatia is scrappy but no X factor. I'd just bet on Ronaldo to fancy some moment of brilliance and knock them out.

Comment

• I think Wales could play Croatia in the semi-finals.

Unreal.

Comment

Working...
                      X