Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Punishes, Beats Down Pascal Over Seven For TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Najuk View Post
    thats why Golden boy went back to HBO
    golden boy cant put on a televised card unless it is with canelo...or in unison with another promoter...THEY ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THEIR POSITION IN THE SPORT OF BOXING...CANELO IS NOT A NAME WITHOUT ANOTHER NAME..they dont have that to offer unless it is a guy that canelo cannot beat...not sit tf down clown

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      you seriously think that? there's absolutely zero chance it can be a great fight simply because the only way ward has any chance of making it competitive is if he clinches it up nonstop. think floyd-maidana 2 style. was that a great fight?
      It is a great fight to make, but not necessarily an entertaining fight.
      I agree with that, it probably wouldn't be a "great"fight to watch.

I completely disagree with your description of Ward though.
      Ward either clinches after winning an exchange, or as a way to initiate infighting. On the inside he sometimes holds with one hand to create space for the other.

We can debate on whether or not he should be penalized for using such techniques. Personally, I think Ward keeps it within the limit , Duran used similar tricks on the inside, even more often than Ward does. But that is a matter of opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
        Haymon in reality could never have competed with HBO....were talking about one of the biggest corporations in the USA and you have haymon who had a 300 million pound hedge fund but when you have over 250 fighters mouths to feed that don't last long.....I am glad that haymons gravy boat is coming to an end.....it's created divas and greedy boxers who want to duck and avoid challenges.....wilder, Khan, Stevenson , quiilin , rigondeaux and then we have the HBO side and golovkin , kovalev, pacquaio, Crawford, Bradley, lomachenko , canelo and the list go's on.....F@ck Haymon
        I think you meant to put Golovkin in the "duck and avoid challenges" category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlisle View Post
          Agreed. Ward brings much more to the table. How much? This is the same Pascal who Froch beat in Pascal's prime. The Froch with a "granite chin" that Ward beat with one hand. That's what skills do. If anyone needs more examples fast forward to Ward vs Chad Dawson, who at the time was the lineal light heavyweight champion who easily beat Hopkins. The same Ward who critics say had no power— dropped Dawson early and completely destroyed him in a clinic. In both cases (Pascal and Hopkins) Ward had beaten the men (Froch and Dawson) who beat the men (Pascal and Hopkins) who Kovalev has made his name off. Proper perspective for you.
          Clear bias with you..

And you just ignore how he beat Hopkins (who is far from a typical "old man") and pascal. Froch would get pummeled by Kovalev, Dawson? You're kidding right, the one that drained himself?

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
            1607 posts + zero reputation =.equals a troll ....that's what you are troll

Comment

• Pascal looked awful! And i mean awful! Dont know if his move to Roach confused him and ge could pull trigger or if he just cant do it anymore but he looked bad

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                its a kovalev and prospective Andre ward future fight thread ..it has no mention of triple GGG lol....what's the matter don't you like to see fights between evenly matched and same weight fighters....next thing is your want to see ward face off with lomachenko ....The troll

Comment

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                  how is haymon getting paid when he doesnt get a dime for his pbc? hbo said they want the fight and u dont know the specifics..all u know is only one place will have it on..u dont know anything beyond that..so dont bust me out for so called speculation when all u have is speculation
                  Haymon gets his cut for being his "advisor" just like he gets from every other fighter...

They offered 50-50 on HBO PPV unless Duva is lying?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Haymon gets his cut for being his "advisor" just like he gets from every other fighter...

He's trying to conflate 50/50 purse with the silly joint ppv demand

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

just like jmm didn thave an hbo deal...tr is just loyal to hbo so they will not let him fight a showimte fighter...no one complains..except me..got me nowhere

but when it is haymon u tell me he should break his loyalty to his own pbc or to showtime who took him in when hbo kicked him off...
                      i tell you guys like dontaes boxing nation says...U CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS

LUCAS MATTYSEE HAS NOT HBO CONTRACT...BUT DO U SEE GOLDEN BOY FISHING HIM TO SHOWTIME?
                      mikey garcia was denied a date on hbo..arum has so much loyalty that he left garcia on the shelf and he's one of his best young fighters...
                      U CANNOT WIN THIS ARGUMENT..THIS IS A BOUT BUSINESS TIES NOT ABOUT WAT IS BEST FOR HBO..

Comment

Working...
                      X