Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next for Miguel Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is a smaller 154 pounder but he says 147 weakens him so he won't fight at that weight. He will take lots of time off. He took a full year off when he won the title from Martinez and that was way too long for a champion to take his title on vacation. He is no longer champion so it doesn't matter how long he takes off now. There are many good fights out there for him if he wants them. He is a big money maker so everybody wants to fight him. It's anybody's guess who he will fight next but it will probably be somebody he can make lots of money fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
      I'd like to see him fight Bradley or Jermall Charlo.
      Jermall's Jab would be too much for Cotto, not a good match up for him.

In all honesty, I think Cotto should retire.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
        Jermall's Jab would be too much for Cotto, not a good match up for him.

He hasn't beaten anybody though. Cotto would be a huge step up for him.

2016 will probably be Cotto's last year fighting. I think he has 1 more fight with Roc Nation in his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
          Charlo hasn't beat anybody of note though, it would be a huge step for him. Too big of a step up IMO. I'd take Cotto by UD in that one.

I think the Bradley fight is 50/50 . Bradley fought at 152 in the Amateurs. I He'd do just fine at 154.
          True, it would be a step up in class but I still think Charlo is ready to fight any top fighter at 154. I'm sure Charlo would love to take on a big name like Cotto. Charlo is after all a man who happens to be a very good boxer with a nice strong jab and is physically bigger, stronger and like five inches taller. I like Charlo's chances and I think Cotto should avoid this match-up.

Comment

Would absolutely love to see him against Bradley, Khan or Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Canelo/Bradley would be such a clear physical mismatch. At least Cotto and Bradley have similar dimensions, but I don't think it would be that great to watch.
              If Canelo comes calling you don't think Bradley would jump at it doe?

I don't love Bradley's chances there myself, but I do think he's probably lasting 12 rounds with Canelo cuz he's quick, Canelo is slow & all the things Cotto did to have his limited success vs Canelo Bradley does better.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                If Canelo comes calling you don't think Bradley would jump at it doe?

I don't love Bradley's chances there myself, but I do think he's probably lasting 12 rounds with Canelo cuz he's quick, Canelo is slow & all the things Cotto did to have his limited success vs Canelo Bradley does better.
                Of course he will jump at it, Josesito jumped at it too. Bradley doesn't have much of a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
                  Probably right. I think he gots 1 more fight with Roc Nation doe & I think his deal was tied in with his promotion to, so I suspect to keep things running smoothly with all that promotional stuff post-Cotto's active boxing career he likely has to fight one more time.

Comment

He can get owned by Erislandy Lara in the spring, with Lara going on to face Gennady Golovkin next summer.

Comment

A fun fight I think would be Cotto vs Maidana since Maidana wants to come back at 154.

Comment

Working...
                      X