Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time To Give Alvarez His Just Due

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo's torso and head movement impressed me, but his footwork still leaves much to be desired.

Against a bigger opponent that doesn't feel the shots as much as Cotto did, he gets steamrolled.

GGG would eat whatever Canelo throws at him and tag him repeatedly unless Canelo learns to use his legs.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

The thing is there's no data on how gennady looks against elite opposition

Saul has Cotto, Erislandy, and Floyd
      Not a bad resume for a 25 year old with a boxer style, meaning he also has longevity on his side so he will add more names to his res. Though other than Golovkin at 160, i'm not too excited about anyone else up there. They're about as good as Kirkland, Angulo, Mosley up there. I don't see Lee or Lemiuex going 12 with Canelo. I need to see more of Saunders and Eubank Jr at the top level. I only saw their fight against eachother and there was a whole lot of lunging in and off balance footwork, I want to see what Saunders can do vs Lee. As for Eubank Jr he has not top level fight scheduled so I don't know. But neither of them impressed me in their fight. I'm not excited about Canelo at 160 outside of a Golovkin fight or Cotto rematch. It's just a division full of boring names. Hopefully the JMW's move up and save it.

Comment

Working...
      X