Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik at 168 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
    hopefully all his demons are behind him. but one thing though, he's being trained by robert garcia, has a firm grip over all his fighters which might do good for pavlik who does have a puncher's chance, this is boxing an anything can happen
    Yes he has a chance...it's called 1 in a million.

Comment

Ward by UD, would be seriously amazed if Pavlik wins the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Ward would, wouldn't he? Nothing you've said above is fact. Maybe Ward slips the jab, no Pavlik doesn't cover up like Clottey, and Pavlik isn't terrible on the inside as if he has no inside skills. Pavlik wants a fight on the inside. Hop and Martinez out boxed and cut him to ribbons BOXING him. Ward will mix it up, but Pavlik is a tall guy with a big right hand.
        He puts his hands up and deflects punches... Not clottey esque over the gut' but he simply puts his gloves up, and you can go to work.

I cant even believe Im discussing this.

Wait a minute you said Pavlik by KO right?

lol waste of time... Moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          He puts his hands up and deflects punches... Not clottey esque over the gut' but he simply puts his gloves up, and you can go to work.

I cant even believe Im discussing this.

Wait a minute you said Pavlik by KO right?

lol waste of time... Moving on.

Nothing in this fight game is set in stone patna. Can't believe you're discussing this. Lmmfao!

Comment

Pavlik by knockout

Comment

No... He doesnt.

Hes one dimensional, comes forward in straight lines... Pumps a predictable jab, has no head movement and limited defense.

His footwork is subpar, and he doesnt have the same power at 168 as he did 160.

Hes got a good right hand and a solid jab and a good beard, it stops there though... Nothing special enough to come even kind of close to being competitive with Andre Ward.
              you're right but don't forget pavlik is just 30 yrs old, and it's not too late to tweak his fighting style and add some defense. he does have robert garcia in his corner who is firm trainer and might do wonders for pavlik. still won't change the outcome of the fight with ward but heck, this is boxing and anything can happen

Comment

If you guys wanna play the "anything can happen" card... That's fine... Just understand what kind of argument you must be making in order to even bring it out.

Comment

If you guys wanna play the "anything can happen" card... That's fine... Just understand what kind of argument you must be making in order to even bring it out.
                  i was basing it on pavlik's power coz i think he does have more than ward, and a single punch can change an entire fight, it might just be wishful thinking but i do think pavlik has an (extremelly small) chance of delivering an upset. probably the odds would be 4-1 ward as the favorite

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    i was basing it on pavlik's power coz i think he does have more than ward, and a single punch can change an entire fight, it might just be wishful thinking but i do think pavlik has an (extremelly small) chance of delivering an upset. probably the odds would be 4-1 ward as the favorite
                    4-1????

That would be a steal.

More like 7 or 8-1.

Comment

Ward might overwhelm Pavlik. Ward might also get ktfo too by a big right hand or uppercut. I've seen Ward put on queer street by a no name. Boxing isn't arithmetic. Either you predict right or wrong. It isn't I'm more knowledgeable than you are because I was right about a fight. I've been wrong many times, and I've been right many times.

Comment

Working...
                      X