Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panama Lewis was in Duran's Corner during the Leonard fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panama Lewis was in Duran's Corner during the Leonard fight?

I just rewatched the documentary on the Louis Resto-Billy Collins fight and somewhere during the documentary a boxing manager says Panama Lewis was in Duran's corner. Leonard after the fight said Durans punches felt like bricks. It has me wondering if Duran's gloves were also tampered with during his first fight with Leonard.

Wouldn't suprise me.
    Duran was a beast and a reckless man.
    The guy knocked out a wife of a opponent once cus she screamed in his ear

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
      I just rewatched the documentary on the Louis Resto-Billy Collins fight and somewhere during the documentary a boxing manager says Panama Lewis was in Duran's corner. Leonard after the fight said Durans punches felt like bricks. It has me wondering if Duran's gloves were also tampered with during his first fight with Leonard.
      Where did Leonard say that? I'm not saying your lying just wanna know...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        Hmmmm maybe thats probably why Duran is known as Hands of Stone

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
          I think it was in a documentary I saw about Duran. When I heard that I just thought Duran hit really hard but after hearing that Panama Lewis was in his corner it got me wondering.

Comment

Duran has always hit extremely hard. Before and after Panama Lewis. He dropped Iran Barkley at Middleweight long after Lewis was his trainer so no I don't believe he used Plaster or anything of the sort.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
              if duran loaded his gloves against leonard you would definitely tell on leonard's face.. but after the fight leonard's face was barely marked up.
              I wouldn't say that, it was lumpy, but it didn't look anything out of the ordinary though...

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
                in beyond the glory - roberto duran

Comment

Working...
                X