Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYSAC says Martinez can't wear knee brace/extra knee MRI scans to get licenseced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Cotto and his bush league team still trying to get advantages huh? That just means more punishment coming his way in a few days....the man should know his limits because with each transgression against Sergio, the more he is going to aim for pain against Cotto.
    Usually you're a sensible poster, now your being stupid, you know Cotto had nothing to do with whatever stupidity the New York Commission is displaying. I am interested in why they are denying Sergio?? Weird.

Comment

• This is what Martinez was wearing in the open workout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
        I think we need a clarification on what a knee brace is. Is it the same as a knee sleeve? Google images shows essentially sleeves but with plastic or metal parts in them.

Knee brace

Knee sleeve
        I don't see a metal frame brace being allowed. But the sleeves I'm sure are fine and probably even a heavier style brace. I'm wondering if this suggests that Sergio has requested one of those heavy duty braces? That ain't good if so.

Comment

• I can definitely see why a brace with metal or even hard plastic would not be allowed, plus those can mess up other parts of your legs by keeping the knee rigid when it needs more flex.

A sleeve though, I want to see their reasoning behind not allowing something like that, that is crazy to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
            I don't see a metal frame brace being allowed. But the sleeves I'm sure are fine and probably even a heavier style brace. I'm wondering if this suggests that Sergio has requested one of those heavy duty braces? That ain't good if so.
            As far as i've noticed he's been wearing a sleeve throughout training camp so it wouldn't make sense that he wear a knee brace just for the fight. It's still unknown if the commission classifies the brace in the same category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rivaldo View Post
              You sure that wasn't Yuri Foreman?
              Yeah...and it wasn't a knee brace...just an elastic knee support.

Comment

• People are confusing the type of brace, if Sergio is takling about something like Yuri foreman and Chavez Jr wore, it's more of a sleeve. If we're talking metal/plastic mobility brace with screws and ****, hell now he shouldn't wear that. He can bang that on a guys knee all night and not feel a thing himself...

Also, it could be an issue now because Sergio wants the full blown rehab brace, and NSAC is like if you need to use that, we can't allow it because it hurts the other fighter, and if you DO need it you shouldn't be fighting in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                X