Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest Mexcian fighter ever Marquez or Chavez ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    LoL By the time JCC was 40 he was getting stopped by bums...

getting stopped by bums > getting dropped getting up and beating them

"chave woulda,coulda". We don't rate how great someone is by who he "coulda" beat lol
    So, you rate Marquez as the greatest Mexican because he beat this faded ass version of Pacquiao. Both of these dudes are on their way out. The fight doesn't mean anything, at all. Chavez fought greater fighters and probably more hall of famers than this dude Marquez. Like I said, it's crazy what one fight does for a fighter. All of a sudden this dude is the greatest Mexican fighter off of his performance against a faded ass Pacquiao. Aww, man. It's a laugher. You dudes need to cool it with you emotions. I bet if Canelo beats little Floyd, you guys are gonna be posting all kinds of threads about how Canelo is the greatest Mexican. Come on, now. Aww, man. It's a laugher. Chavez would rape Marquez on the inside. He has too much chin for chinny ass Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
      Marquez liberated Mexico from Pac's reign of terror over their fighters and country. Mexicans were on the verge of making Tagalog the official language before Marquez swooped in and saved the country.

Chavez Sr. quit 2x vs. a guy who wears fishnets, wigs and high heels, and said no mas vs. Kostya.

Marquez is so important that even President Pena-Nieto wanted to meet him and sign his gloves.

JMM is the greatest Mexican since Hernan Cortez.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
        So, you rate Marquez as the greatest Mexican because he beat this faded ass version of Pacquiao. Both of these dudes are on their way out. The fight doesn't mean anything, at all. Chavez fought greater fighters and probably more hall of famers than this dude Marquez. Like I said, it's crazy what one fight does for a fighter. All of a sudden this dude is the greatest Mexican fighter off of his performance against a faded ass Pacquiao. Aww, man. It's a laugher. You dudes need to cool it with you emotions. I bet if Canelo beats little Floyd, you guys are gonna be posting all kinds of threads about how Canelo is the greatest Mexican. Come on, now. Aww, man. It's a laugher. Chavez would rape Marquez on the inside. He has too much chin for chinny ass Marquez.
        I liked you but, seriously this post is shit and I can't take you seriously anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
          JMM win over Pac was like JCC sr. defeating Oscar de la hoya and he didnt and dont tell me he was old he was 36 and JMM was 39.

Just sayin.

And IMO anyone saying Morales and Sal are better cmon guys just cmon.

Chavez was cretainly great but to be honest his record was 90% tomato can and he lost some of his big big fights. JMM true loss has been only to Floyd and with huge disadvantages ( still floyd style its all wrong for JMM )
          Marquez career wins include a win over featherfisted Juan Diaz, a win over past prime Barrera, a win over a Casamayor who already got beat by Santa Cruz, and Orlando Salido back when he was still a part time fighter.
          I still remember the second round between him and Diaz. Marquez got shook by a feather fisted fighter.

Differnece between him and Chavez is that Chavez dominated nearly every top fighter he faced, the judges couldnt rob him cause the rounds where so clear. Marquez counter attack style on the other hand prevents him from winning rounds clearly
          Last edited by ELHURACAN58; 12-17-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
            I don't think hes greater then Chavez but your just hating here. This version of Pacquiao is faded? smh your a ******.

Comment

I'm far more of a Marquez fan than a Chavez fan, but no way does Marquez even come close in terms of legacy. It's a total eclipse. Laughable comparison even.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                I liked you but, seriously this post is shit and I can't take you seriously anymore.
                What does it mean? Everyone knew Pacquiao was on his way out a long time ago. Since Margarito, Pacquiao has been on the decline. These dudes are old. In their primes, their fights were always close and competitive. One fight doesn't change that fact. Like I said, I'm not gonna rate this dude greater than Chavez just because of one day's work. I bet you say Marquez is greater than Pacquiao because of his victory. Stop getting on fighters as soon as they have a win. Come on, now. Everyone is riding Marquez hard all of a sudden? He was getting whopped in there, anyway. If he's so great, why hasn't he called out little Floyd?

Comment

I personally think Marquez is greater. I know Chavez Sr. is placed on a pedastal by a lot of people who grew up in that era so it's going to be a lot of strong disagreement and opposition. But I've seen plenty of both of them and am familiar with both of their resumes and lean towards JMM.

And head to head (which I also consider in evaluating greatness), Marquez counters the **** out of him. Easy work.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                    I don't think hes greater then Chavez but your just hating here. This version of Pacquiao is faded? smh your a ******.
                    Alright. He's not faded at all. This Pacquiao hasn't taken any punishment from bigger dudes, he hasn't fought naturally bigger fighters since 2008, and he hasn't slowed down at all. He's as fresh as a daisy, and his 2004 version and this version are just as healthy and energized. Nah, this Pacquiao isn't faded. How about you try fighting fighters who are 10-20 pounds bigger than you when you are naturally a 135 fighter. They feed this dude 7,000 calories just so that he doesn't go below the welterweight limit. But, no, you know what you are talking about. You seem like a bright dude.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                      Marquez career wins include a win over featherfisted Juan Diaz, a win over past prime Barrera, a win over a Casamayor who already got beat by Santa Cruz, and Orlando Salido back when he was still a part time fighter.
                      I still remember the second round between him and Diaz. Marquez got shook by a feather fisted fighter.

Differnece between him and Chavez is that Chavez dominated nearly every top fighter he faced, the judges couldnt rob him cause the rounds where so clear. Marquez counter attack style on the other hand prevents him from winning rounds clearly
                      Well i remember the Diaz fight to be a great fight and one that he won by KO the fact that he got caught its irrelevant. that just my opinion bro.

Chavez and Marquez thats a tough call but guys saying that Sal sanchez , moralez, barrera ..etc.. are better ... that just really surprised me.

Comment

Working...
                      X