Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac:"no blood tests cause they will weaken me" but he wants to fight Clottey at 144?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    It really is... it baffles the stuff they say just to fit there own agenda. Fuck what the majority of what everybody else is saying. They going to take the word of 1 guy who if you have seen on 24/7 is scum over 3 guys who are very close to this fight.
    this applies to everyone on here. i mean literally everyone. with boxing its not like head coaches or general managers or league officials, it comes down to who is closest to who and who has the capacity to make desicions. everyone on here believes arum or roach when they shoot their mouth off, but when the shoe is on the other foot, then its "well lets wait and see what pac says" which is the smart course of action, but this idea that "oh these guys have selective reading" everyone in this goddamn thread is guilty of that.

Comment

Originally posted by EMIL2010 View Post
      EXactly,some dumb ***** said 144.

I seriously doubt that CLOTTEY can make 144.

It will be 147 just like ARUM said.
      It will be 147. Some of the people on here are not bright at all. 1 catch-weight fight means your whole career is a catch-weight. Oscar, Diaz, Malignaggi and Pavlik have more catch-weight fights than Pac. Nobody ****s on them for that, Hokpkins has more catch-weight fights then anybody I know. Trinidad, Roy Jones, Whitaker, Chavez, Marquez, Floyd Mayweather Jr, have just the same amount of catch-weight fights that Pac has. But, yet somehow Pac is making new rules? I don't get what is wrong with them. Is just hate, thats the only thing that it really is, or racism, or maybe just both... Because really only 1 Asian has done it and all of a sudden is a sin...

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        here you go
        Keep in mind, Pacquiao said he didn't want to be tested 48 hours before facing Mayweather. Arum was constantly throwing that 30 day cut off crap. What happened next? Pacquiao himself said he wanted 30 days, then 24 days. Roach also said "We're willing to take whatever test". We're dealing with a bunch of liars here Mak.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Has Pac said anything? I know Arum, Roach, and Clottey manager has said the fight is at 147...
          when does he ever say anything besides "i training hard for de fight". its amazing how no body ever takes pacs team's word when pacquiao never says anything because he talks through them to keep his image.

his adviser works for pacquiao, not the other way around.

However, Koncz said he was informed of the offer by promoter Bob Arum and that he brought it directly to Pacquiao, who would not even consider it. Koncz said Pacquiao was very firm in his decision.

“Bob called and told us about the 14 days and I brought that to Manny and he said, ‘I told you, we’re not agreeing to that,’ and that was pretty much it,” Koncz said

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
            Arum, Roach have said 147, Koncz has said 144....another conflicting report. Someone is telling the truth and someone isn't.
            Coach,

We know for a fact that Arum has lied to us. Just last week, the mediator had to unfurl some of Bob's lies.

I don't think that Koncz would just pull the 144 number out of thin air. Has Koncz ben proven to be a liar? Pacquiao trusts him....right?

So, you are asking me to choose between the guy who has lied to me before and the guy who has never lied to me.

THE ARTICLE:
            Pacquiao is coming off of November's 12th-round knockout of Miguel Cotto, from whom he lifted the WBO welterweight (147 pounds) crown -- one that will be on the line against Clottey.

Like Cotto, who was contracted to come in at a catch weight of 145 pounds, Clottey will be required to weigh-in at no more than 144 pounds, said Koncz.

That could be a huge advantage for Pacquiao, since Clottey is listed to have not been at that size since March of 1997, when he decisioned Mark Ramsey -- a fighter with a record of 13-11-2 -- over eight rounds.

Known to be a big welterweight who has been troubled, at times, with making weight, Clottey has weighed more than 147 pounds for bouts 11 times during his career, twice, at 154.

Comment

Naw this fight is at 147. It better be. I dont think they would try a catch weight here.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                this applies to everyone on here. i mean literally everyone. with boxing its not like head coaches or general managers or league officials, it comes down to who is closest to who and who has the capacity to make desicions. everyone on here believes arum or roach when they shoot their mouth off, but when the shoe is on the other foot, then its "well lets wait and see what pac says" which is the smart course of action, but this idea that "oh these guys have selective reading" everyone in this goddamn thread is guilty of that.
                But, even Joshua Clottey manager has said is 147. When has that man ever say contradiction? Why will he say is at 147 if nobody has assured him that it will be at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                  Arum, Roach have said 147, Koncz has said 144....another conflicting report. Someone is telling the truth and someone isn't.
                  TRUE. who is currently with Pacquiao in the phillipines? i can only wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by EMIL2010 View Post
                    EXactly,some dumb ***** said 144.

I seriously doubt that CLOTTEY can make 144.

It will be 147 just like ARUM said.
                    Then, I guess pacquiao has '*****s" as his advisers.

"Like Cotto, who was contracted to come in at a catch weight of 145 pounds, Clottey will be required to weigh-in at no more than 144 pounds, said Koncz.
                    That could be a huge advantage for Pacquiao, since Clottey is listed to have not been at that size since March of 1997, when he decisioned Mark Ramsey -- a fighter with a record of 13-11-2 -- over eight rounds.

Known to be a big welterweight who has been troubled, at times, with making weight, Clottey has weighed more than 147 pounds for bouts 11 times during his career, twice, at 154."

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox View Post
                      wtf is up with that ****? i hate that guy.
                      I don't get it, are you new to boxing or Manny Pacquiao. First of all, we really don't know if there's a catchweight or not. Second, Manny has fought several times already in a catchweight of 144 and 145lbs, so again, what are you really asking or confused about?

Comment

Working...
                      X