No announcement yet.

Do you like Andre Ward's style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like Andre Ward's style?

Do you like Andre Ward's fighting style of 1) leading with his head, then tucking it into his opponent's chin 2) sticking his own left arm under the RIGHT ARM of his opponent to immobilize it, white hammering away on the inside with his own right and 3) hitting on the break?

Or would you prefer he didn't use the headbutt, hold, and other dirty tactics?

He does have excellent hand speed, so I don't know why he needs to fight like John Ruiz.
    I enjoy watching him
    24.32%
    No I don't, he relies on holding too much
    75.68%

The poll is expired.

i got extremely frustrated watching him last night.

right away he sprints over to the other corner, pushes him into the ropes, and then lays on him for 3 minutes. horrible fight. both fighters faults.

Comment

I dont like his style, The worst thing about it is that he is very talented and doesnt need to fight like that. I'm not saying Ward uses his head deliberately but he always leads with it, Kind of like a Bernard Hopkins thing. It's not good to see.

Comment

Comment

He was very dull last night. He made Wlad look like Tyson.

Comment

It was a boring fight. But I think he just found the easiest way to win.

That was very, very easy for Ward. He took all the risk out of the fight.

Boring though. But clever.

Comment

Apart from the holding, I think what he does is effective, just not the prettiest style. Ward has always been a rough fighter, he'll push you around, leap in and push his head in on clinches. I didn't enjoy last night's fight much.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                He was very dull last night. He made Wlad look like Tyson.
                Dull? Really?

Comment

Hes pretty entertaining imo. Specially how he makes guys look like bums after hes done with them.

Comment

no. his style is unwatchable. effective as it may be, i just don't like it when fighters fight so close. i can tolerate when they put their foreheads together and pick their shots but when they start wrestling to try and disable one of their opponent's arm so they can punch with the other, i can't watch that ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X