Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Kirkland drops Ann Wolfe, hires relative unknown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perhaps this is a good move. it's possible that he didn't feel comfortable with Wolfe anymore

Comment

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-bo...ads-contenders

Great article by Gabe Montoya, talks about how Kirkland was using a different trainer to prepare him for the Tapia fight. There a heated sparring session with Shawn Porter, Kirkland got put on his ass, and then left that trainer to return to Wolfe and went on to stop Tapia.

Comment

I think Ann Wolfe's help for Kirkland was overrated. Kirkland was getting his arse kicked by Carlos Molina while she was in his corner. The only reason he even won that fight, was because of the BS disqualification.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi007 View Post
          I think Ann Wolfe's help for Kirkland was overrated. Kirkland was getting his arse kicked by Carlos Molina while she was in his corner. The only reason he even won that fight, was because of the BS disqualification.
          He wasn't prepared for a wrestling match. Molina was only trying to spoil. I've never seen a man go in for a clinch with no intention of throwing a punch over and over like Molina and then literally clinch for 30 seconds before being broken up, still holding on to an arm. Molina should have had points deducted for the clinching and DQd. Regardless, Kirkland knocked him down and was likely on his way of knocking him out as Molina was badly hurt. The Ref robbed Kirkland a KO victory.

With that said, Wolfe knows Kirkland better than anyone else. She knows what motivates him, she knows what he needs to do. Getting a new team isn't a problem necessarily, but it is a problem when it's right before the biggest fight of his life.

Canelo TKO1 or 2.

Comment

He Should just go to robert garcia all his big fighters (rios,mikey,maidana) dont have any upcoming fights so kirkland would have garcias full attention.

Comment

i get bored easily with people who can't get their **** together. **** kirkland and his ann wolfe drama.

Comment

Talk about showing up to a sword fight with a tooth pick.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                  He wasn't prepared for a wrestling match. Molina was only trying to spoil. I've never seen a man go in for a clinch with no intention of throwing a punch over and over like Molina and then literally clinch for 30 seconds before being broken up, still holding on to an arm. Molina should have had points deducted for the clinching and DQd. Regardless, Kirkland knocked him down and was likely on his way of knocking him out as Molina was badly hurt. The Ref robbed Kirkland a KO victory.

With that said, Wolfe knows Kirkland better than anyone else. She knows what motivates him, she knows what he needs to do. Getting a new team isn't a problem necessarily, but it is a problem when it's right before the biggest fight of his life.

Canelo TKO1 or 2.
                  In other words, nobody ever trained Kirkland on how to keep someone from clinching him or how to break up a clinch.

The best part is that we don't have to listen to that crappy arse 20 minute story before the fight, on how Ann Wolf is the only female trainer and how great she is for him.

Comment

Wolfe was too tough for kirkland lol

Comment

I wonder if ODH paid Kirkland directly to make this decision. well, wolfe gave him the best chance to win but her style allows him to take a lot of punishment which probably isnt good since he is older and been off for so long.

I doubted he was going to win, now I'm sure of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X