Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green K for Help My Keyboard locks up after few hours?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Green K for Help My Keyboard locks up after few hours?

Hey FAM Green K for anyone who helps me.

So my keyboard keeps locking up after about a few hours. Everything else works my mouse and all just not the keyboard no matter what keys I press???

The only way to get it working again is to reboot my whole computer but obviously that sucks major balls especially if i'm in the middle of working on a project to have to do that every single time.

So please help me resolve this and I got green k for you all thanks!

try different ummm outlets [holes] on your tower if u have like a regular monitor set up try that, u can try taking out your mouse and see if your keyboard works in that ummm hole, or u can even unscrew/pullout the front of your computer [where u put the disk in] and see if theres additional holes behind it for u too plug the keyboard in..

thats all I know I guess..
    Last edited by iLovesoccermoms; 12-18-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Let me guess...Windows 7, right?

It could be an incompatible driver. Updating your drivers would fix it if that's the problem.

You could also try a BIOS update.

Comment

What kind of keyboard is it? If it's a standard USB keyboard there shouldn't be any drivers, unless it has some fancy multi media keys, etc. If thats the case uninstall then reinstall driver.

Try a different USB port. If it's an old, cheap keyboard then the problem likely is it's an old cheap keyboard.

If you have an ancient ps/2 keyboard (round, 6-pin connector), probably time to get a new keyboard.

Comment

Control + Alt + Delete.

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
            try different ummm outlets [holes] on your tower if u have like a regular monitor set up try that, u can try taking out your mouse and see if your keyboard works in that ummm hole, or u can even unscrew/pullout the front of your computer [where u put the disk in] and see if theres additional holes behind it for u too plug the keyboard in..

thats all I know I guess..
            GReen K thanks I actually unplugged it and put it in the front socket instead and it worked instantly but about 6 hours later it did the same thing so i unplugged it and waited like 10 seconds and plugged it back in and it worked again. WTF???

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
              Let me guess...Windows 7, right?

It could be an incompatible driver. Updating your drivers would fix it if that's the problem.

You could also try a BIOS update.
              Green K for the help bro.

So you are saying to just run an update???

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                What kind of keyboard is it? If it's a standard USB keyboard there shouldn't be any drivers, unless it has some fancy multi media keys, etc. If thats the case uninstall then reinstall driver.

Try a different USB port. If it's an old, cheap keyboard then the problem likely is it's an old cheap keyboard.

If you have an ancient ps/2 keyboard (round, 6-pin connector), probably time to get a new keyboard.

its an old school stock HP keyboard that comes with the tower from the mid 2000's era?

Comment

Your PC is nakered how old is it?.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post

its an old school stock HP keyboard that comes with the tower from the mid 2000's era?
                    Come on man put your hand in your pocket, laptops are cheap as piss these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X