No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz is Still on Target For a Fall Ring Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz is Still on Target For a Fall Ring Return

Golden Boy Promotions is aiming for Victor Ortiz to return to the ring in either September or October, Golden Boy Promotions matchmaker Eric Gomez told Boxingscene.com on Saturday evening.

Ortiz has not fought since being stopped after the ninth round at the hands of Josesito Lopez on June 23rd in Los Angeles, CA. During the bout, Lopez suffered two fractures to his job that had to be operated on.

Most recently, Ortiz (29-4-2, 22 KOs) participated and was eliminated from the popular “Dancing with the Stars” show. [Click Here To Read More]

suffered two fractures to his job that had to be operated on.

Well I did not know that a job could be fracture but o well.

Now I hope that Ortiz's jaw is completletly healed, I want to see him vs Broner and or any of the top dogs in that division.

Comment

Get the man a tune-up bout.

Comment

I hope he's been working on his defense and keeping his chin tucked in the time he's had off.

The guy is a physical specimen and obviously talented but his boxing skills need some serious work.

Comment

Cant wait im a fan of ortiz, i wanna see how his jaw is now. Tbh i wouldnt be suprised if it happens again cause he opens his mouth when he punches i noticed it when they showed ortiz headbutt floyd in slowmo.. He's never in a dull fight so im excited

Comment

he better learn some defense
            he gets hurt when he gets nailed and can't handle it mentally
            on paper, he's still young enough to change his style
            highly doubtful he does though, so he's dead against pressure fighters
            he'll fight somebody soft for his first fight back
            after that, hope he fights Maidana again
            if Guerrero insists on staying at WW for whatever reason, that's ok too
            Ortiz will be nothing more than an opponent

Comment

The fight is scheduled for 7½ rounds.

Comment

Josesito broke Victor's jaw...

Ortiz is a constant danger in boxing to date.

Comment

The only fight that would make sense and that I would watch is Ortiz vs. Khan... Since both of their career's seem to be going on the same path amirite? .... on another note... anyone know the update on Angulo's eye since the fight with lara on the maidana vs. lopez card? haven't heard if his eye is gone or what? anyone know what's up with him?

Comment

Mayweather criticising Broner is like watching a wasp fly at a nettle - someone's getting stung, and you don't particularly care who

Comment

Working...
                    X