No announcement yet.

Regarding Tyson vs Mathis...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Tyson vs Mathis...

I thought Mike was using the wrong strategy with him until Round 3 came. He was throwing wide looping punches and haymakers rather than using the jab to set-up combinations. I was concerned he may've trailed on points if the fight went long. Also, was I hearing things??!! I could swear at the end of the telecast they had annouced Mike Tyson KO's Buster Douglas.. WTF???

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
    I thought Mike was using the wrong strategy with him until Round 3 came. He was throwing wide looping punches and haymakers rather than using the jab to set-up combinations. I was concerned he may've trailed on points if the fight went long. Also, was I hearing things??!! I could swear at the end of the telecast they had annouced Mike Tyson KO's Buster Douglas.. WTF???

Ya, Mike Tyson KOs Buster Douglas..

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post

I don't think Tyson was in the least bit concerned by Mathis's tactics. Mike was doing next to nothing, just getting a few rounds in. He knew he could close the show whenever he wanted......and it was the first half decent combination that he threw that did just that.

Even rusty 1995 Tyson was several leagues higher than the Buster Mathis Jnrs.

Comment

Working...
      X