Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the thing is you're expecting to win against birmingham, fulham and reading.... but have you considered the possibility of losing?? If you do you are in serious trouble fellas

personally i think it would be hilarious if you went down fellas

Comment

• Originally posted by DURAN_IS_GOD View Post
      the thing is you're expecting to win against birmingham, fulham and reading.... but have you considered the possibility of losing?? If you do you are in serious trouble fellas

personally i think it would be hilarious if you went down fellas
      I think it will be hilarious if Agbonlahor and Young leave in the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
        I think it will be hilarious if Agbonlahor and Young leave in the summer.
        but they wont so whats your point? why would they leave a club on the up? we have the best manager outside the top 4 (bar maybe moyes), have a very solid chairman who is going to spend money and more than likely a european place

what do newcastle have? at this rate a rendezvous with colchester and friends

Comment

We beat both Everton and Spurs easily early in the season.
          You were upbeat and confident early in the season, at the moment confidence is at an all time low, hope you turn it around and should you pick up the points in the games I think you will then that will be enough to keep you up.

Everton are gunning for a top4 and won't want to slip up and Spurs could go either way.

Comment

but they wont so whats your point? why would they leave a club on the up? we have the best manager outside the top 4 (bar maybe moyes), have a very solid chairman who is going to spend money and more than likely a european place

what do newcastle have? at this rate a rendezvous with colchester and friends
            I don't think you will keep them if you don't qualify for Europe.

Comment

A bit of luck is all Newcastle need, nothing is going in the back of the net and it's very frustrating. All we need is 4 wins and we will be safe.
              Not even that, 6 points should do you imo opinion, 4 wins would be nice tho!

Comment

I don't think you will keep them if you don't qualify for Europe.
                could be right mate. Young will stay, we only signed him recently for a large fee so we wont sell him

gabby could be tempted but the only big team i can see potentially wanting him is liverpool anyways, so i reckon he'll stay put (at least for now)

in fairness i dont want (or think) newcastle will go down. I just think that a relegation battle is definitely looming

Comment

could be right mate. Young will stay, we only signed him recently for a large fee so we wont sell him

gabby could be tempted but the only big team i can see potentially wanting him is liverpool anyways, so i reckon he'll stay put (at least for now)

in fairness i dont want (or think) newcastle will go down. I just think that a relegation battle is definitely looming
                  How much did Young cost? I remember he turned down £10m from West Ham because he thought they would get relegated? I don't see Villa paying more than that for him. I saw him play a lot when I went to the Watford games, I don't support them, but I got in free.

Comment

How much did Young cost? I remember he turned down £10m from West Ham because he thought they would get relegated? I don't see Villa paying more than that for him. I saw him play a lot when I went to the Watford games, I don't support them, but I got in free.
                    i think we paid 9 million for him mate in the end, but it could rise to a bit more depending on bits and bobs...

i think it was 9 or maybe it was 11... haha either way at the time i thought we'd overpaid, but he's come good now

Comment

• Owen Contract Admission

11/03/2008 12:46
                      Owen Contract Admission

Newcastle United and England striker Michael Owen has confirmed that he has not opened negotiations with the Magpies about a new contract, although he is not looking to leave Tyneside.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7480/26971mb3.jpg

Michael Owen is out of contract with Newcastle United at the end of next season, but although talks about a new deal have not begun, he has confirmed that he is not thinking of leaving St James' Park.

Owen cost Newcastle £16million when he signed from Real Madrid, and has suffered an injury-disrupted two-and-a-half-years with the Magpies.

He is now fit-again, but has revealed that although he has not yet opened negotiations with club officials he has no desire to leave.

"I am in a similar position to a lot of players at our club," said Owen, speaking at the launch of the FA Umbro Five competition, aimed at finding the country's best five-a-side team.

"I have not spoken to anyone at the club and no one at the club has spoken to me [about a new contract].

"I am settled in Newcastle and happy at Newcastle, although not happy with the results at the moment."

Mark Hinton, Goal.com

Comment

Working...
                      X