No announcement yet.

Morales vs. Ayala

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
    He said he hurt his left in the corner, but... I didn't hear anything about his right.
    He said it in an interview after the fight I believe.

Originally posted by JaguarJames View Post
    Wasn't Ayala friends with Barrera? Maybe that had something to do with it. They may have exchanged words at some point or some ****e.
    I don't think so, Tapia is/was a close friend of Barrera's.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      He said it in an interview after the fight I believe.

I don't think so, Tapia is/was a close friend of Barrera's.
      You might remember that Barrera kissed Ayala on the cheek after he ko'd him so I'm assuming they were good friends.

http://www.laprensa-sandiego.org/arc...8-04/ayala.htm

Barrera vs Ayala: Friends Turn Foes

....The Baby-faced Assassin as he is called, is not only putting his legend on the line but his long-standing friendship with his opponent Paulie Ayala.

“That’s boxing,” said Barrera. “Friends love each other but beat each other up. I respect him but I will hurt him.”

“I don’t know who Ayala’s wife is going to root for,” said Henry Mendez, trainer of Ayala. “Her maiden name is Barrera and it’s possible she might want him to win. It might turn out they’re related, cousins even? But all jokes aside, Ayala has trained rally hard for this fight and this is a must win situation.”

Ayala said, “I wanted to make this fight for the love of boxing. I love the sport. I’m up against one of the best world champions out there. I still consider him a champion. I’m used to fireworks in a big fight. Barrera also has that experience. It’s going to be just him and I in the ring and I’m really looking forward to it.”

Barrera listening to Ayala talk, clapped his shoulder. “I’ve been training so hard for this fight, but it might be hard if it turns out we’re family,” he said, with a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguarJames View Post
        You might remember that Barrera kissed Ayala on the cheek after he ko'd him so I'm assuming they were good friends.

http://www.laprensa-sandiego.org/arc...8-04/ayala.htm

Barrera vs Ayala: Friends Turn Foes

....The Baby-faced Assassin as he is called, is not only putting his legend on the line but his long-standing friendship with his opponent Paulie Ayala.

“That’s boxing,” said Barrera. “Friends love each other but beat each other up. I respect him but I will hurt him.”

“I don’t know who Ayala’s wife is going to root for,” said Henry Mendez, trainer of Ayala. “Her maiden name is Barrera and it’s possible she might want him to win. It might turn out they’re related, cousins even? But all jokes aside, Ayala has trained rally hard for this fight and this is a must win situation.”

Ayala said, “I wanted to make this fight for the love of boxing. I love the sport. I’m up against one of the best world champions out there. I still consider him a champion. I’m used to fireworks in a big fight. Barrera also has that experience. It’s going to be just him and I in the ring and I’m really looking forward to it.”

Barrera listening to Ayala talk, clapped his shoulder. “I’ve been training so hard for this fight, but it might be hard if it turns out we’re family,” he said, with a laugh.
        I didn't know that. Thanks, that's probably why then.

Comment

You should see some early Ayala fights. Especially when he challenged for his first world title i think at jr. batamweight. It was a back and fourth brawl. Ridiculous the amount of punchs thrown.

Have you seen Morales v. Kevin Kelly? That fight was great.

One i like too was when he fought i think it was Paul Ingle. This was the last fight that i recall Morales turning his back on his opponet untill the bell rang. Cause in the Ingle fight as soon as the bell rang Ingle ran across the ring to hit Morles whos back was just about to turn to Ingle. It was a crazy scene cause they went toe to toe in that very first round and it was crazy.

The McCullough fight was a bit like the Ayala fight. Morales throwing monsterous shots and Wayne taking them like nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
            You should see some early Ayala fights. Especially when he challenged for his first world title i think at jr. batamweight. It was a back and fourth brawl. Ridiculous the amount of punchs thrown.

Have you seen Morales v. Kevin Kelly? That fight was great.

One i like too was when he fought i think it was Paul Ingle. This was the last fight that i recall Morales turning his back on his opponet untill the bell rang. Cause in the Ingle fight as soon as the bell rang Ingle ran across the ring to hit Morles whos back was just about to turn to Ingle. It was a crazy scene cause they went toe to toe in that very first round and it was crazy.

The McCullough fight was a bit like the Ayala fight. Morales throwing monsterous shots and Wayne taking them like nothing.
            I hadn't seen Ayala other than Tapia I and II. They were both pretty good fights, although I'm not sure how the first one got FOTY... it wasn't THAT great IMO.

I saw Morales vs. Kelley, but I liked the Ayala fight more, because Ayala seemed a lot more game. Kelley did look like a tired old man who just couldn't fight back or take Morales's punches.

It wasn't Paul Ingle... it was John Lowey! His first defense of his 122 belt after he won it from Zaragoza. It was actually on ESPNClassic. I have to watch it at some point... it's sitting on my DVR as we speak.

Finally, yeah, I did see the McCullough fight. That guy's chin is just unreal. It shouldn't have been a shock though, considering he survived Naseem Hamed.

That concludes my library of 126 Morales fights... time to move it on up to 130... first fight I have is Barrera III, which means I still don't have Chavez or C. Hernandez. I'll live though.

WAR MORALES

Comment

Working...
            X