Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury vs. Cunningham: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cunningham doesn't have the punch for the job, or the size.

Fury isn't so cumbersome that he will lose a decision by getting fly-swatted. He'll probably just walk right through him and beat him in ugly fashion if keeping Cunningham on the end of his jab wont work which it probably will.

Can't possibly imagine Cunningham can deal with the size and strength of Fury. Can't see, how he can win.

Would be a big upset for me.

Comment

When are they going to match him up with someone his own size? I'm yet to see him win a battle of jabs or beat someone as big as himself, he's normally just beating on small guys.

Cunningham's going to have his work cut out trying to get inside but if he remains patient and doesn't take too much early on, I can see him stopping Fury late. I think Fury will be leading on the scorecards early on as Cunningham struggles with the distance and jab, then Fury tires and it becomes a more even fight.

I'm going to go watch the Johnson fight again but from what I remember he couldn't miss at times with his right hand, Fury's flaws will be exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        When are they going to match him up with someone his own size? I'm yet to see him win a battle of jabs or beat someone as big as himself, he's normally just beating on small guys.
        Lets be fair, there isn't a lot of people who are 6'8+ and even fewer who would make a reasonable match up. He could, I guess, tempt Tye Fields out of retirement, or beat up Julius Long just to prove a point.

The Price fight ain't happening any time soon, he's not ready for a Klitschko, a Ustinov fight might make sense I guess though like a fight with Dimitrenko, Fury would be slated for facing guys who lost last time out. Wilder would be interesting on paper, but as soon as Wilder was stopped we'd hear everyone saying "Well Wilder hadn't faced anyone".

Comment

Originally posted by kebark View Post
          Lets be fair, there isn't a lot of people who are 6'8+ and even fewer who would make a reasonable match up. He could, I guess, tempt Tye Fields out of retirement, or beat up Julius Long just to prove a point.
          Robert Helenius
          Francesco Pianeta
          Alexander Ustinov
          Travis Walker
          Malik Scott

I'm sure there are more too, plenty of options for Fury against a big man.

Comment

Working...
          X