No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    Come on .. Be real here. Wladimir's offensive prime was in the early 2000's.. in terms of pure offense he actually regressed big time..

This is common knowledge
    You can't be more wrong. Wlad of today in Wlad in early 2000 are not even comparable. Today's Wlad is better in any measurable segment of boxing game.

But rather spending time pointing something this stupid could I ask you a question.

Do you really think that with trolling about Lennox and talking **** about Klitschkos in every single thread you will achieve anything else than record numbers on the ignore lists, RK, vibrators and so on?

And if you are someone from this forum with second account I really feel sorry for you that you don't have anything better to do with your time.

Comment

Why do you keep digging-up old threads?

Wladimir is a top 20 HW presently; he'll be higher if he cleans out the up-coming fighters - probably 10-12.

Its a shame he didn't avenge his defeats...

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Why do you keep digging-up old threads?

Wladimir is a top 20 HW presently; he'll be higher if he cleans out the up-coming fighters - probably 10-12.

Its a shame he didn't avenge his defeats...
        I don't know who do you ask this - but it wasn't me (go back a few pages and see yourself).

He avenged the only defeat that made any sense to be avenged. After Vitali TKOed Sanders he pretty much retired - he fought 4 more times (losing 1).

Puritty - really? Wlad was 21 when they fought. Guy lost most fights after that (timo hoffmann, chambers, etc). I would be the first to question that fight if it ever happened.

Wlad is in top10, will move up probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          I don't know who do you ask this - but it wasn't me (go back a few pages and see yourself).

He avenged the only defeat that made any sense to be avenged. Afer Vitali TKOed Sanders he pretty much retired - he fought 4 more times (losing 1).

Puritty - really? Wlad was 21 when they fought. Guy lost most fights after that (timo hoffmann, chambers, etc). I would be the first to question that fight if it ever happened.

Wlad is in top10, will move up probably.
          No, man, I wasn't asking you.

It's a shame he never rematched Sanders; contractual problems and Wlad moving across to Steward appear to have prevented this.

You're right, he'll be a top 10 HW by the end of his career. To me, the lack of any inside game prevents him from being any higher. He's had a relatively easy ride in the HW division (not his fault), but hasn't in the mid-section of his career been particularly convincing. These last few years, though, i've been thoroughly impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            No, man, I wasn't asking you.

It's a shame he never rematched Sanders; contractual problems and Wlad moving across to Steward appear to have prevented this.

You're right, he'll be a top 10 HW by the end of his career. To me, the lack of any inside game prevents him from being any higher. He's had a relatively easy ride in the HW division (not his fault), but hasn't in the mid-section of his career been particularly convincing. These last few years, though, i've been thoroughly impressed.
            Only way he moves up would be if he beats next dominant HW champion or next HOF/ATG (not sure if we will get them anytime soon though).

Comment

Top 30. Glass chin disqualifies him from top 10 automatically. Too many ATG heavies out there that easily beat out Wlad for top 20.

Comment

Working...
              X