No announcement yet.

Why Is Brandon Rios Ducking Gesta?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is Brandon Rios Ducking Gesta?

Rios is calling out Khan but wants nothing to do with Gesta, Gesta was actually Khans chief sparring partner for Judah fight. I have seen Gesta and he has speed and power with the southpaw stance, Gesta would make Rios look like a dunce and it will be a brutal knockout of Rios by Gesta.

Lets be honest I like Rios but who has he fought? Acosta? A punch drunk Antilon who could barely speak a sentence yet Rios is calling out Khan and Pacquio? He is having a joke? Rios will quit like a Mexican American ala Ortiz/De La Hoya when he gets tested, Gesta makes Rios quit in an embarrassing fashion.

Idk, is Gesta really a big name yet? I mean I think households know of Rios name. Is Rios ducking someone most Filipinos probably haven't even heard of? Can you sell a fight like Rios/Gesta? I guess to some extent since its Mexican vs Filipinos but alot of Filipinos in that one topic BPP posted really feel Gesta isn't ready yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
      Rios is calling out Khan but wants nothing to do with Gesta, Gesta was actually Khans chief sparring partner for Judah fight. I have seen Gesta and he has speed and power with the southpaw stance, Gesta would make Rios look like a dunce and it will be a brutal knockout of Rios by Gesta.

Lets be honest I like Rios but who has he fought? Acosta? A punch drunk Antilon who could barely speak a sentence yet Rios is calling out Khan and Pacquio? He is having a joke? Rios will quit like a Mexican American ala Ortiz/De La Hoya when he gets tested, Gesta makes Rios quit in an embarrassing fashion.
      Acosta,Peterson, and Antillon are all better then gesta who got a draw with a guy with 30 losses oh and kill ya self

Comment

Originally posted by Principe View Post
        Acosta,Peterson, and Antillon are all better then gesta who got a draw with a guy with 30 losses oh and kill ya self
        Acosta was the weakest of the lightweight champions, The Peterson brothers are both hypejobs that have never won a world title between them, Antillon is a punch drunk journeyman who cant speak a sentence. If you think they are better than Gesta then you no nothing about boxing. Gesta is a pure Rios killer.

Gesta will make an easy nights work of Rios and Rios/Arum know it. Yet Rios thinks he is entitled to a Khan handout fight! Joker!

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
          Acosta was the weakest of the lightweight champions, The Peterson brothers are both hypejobs that have never won a world title between them, Antillon is a punch drunk journeyman who cant speak a sentence. If you think they are better than Gesta then you no nothing about boxing. Gesta is a pure Rios killer.

Gesta will make an easy nights work of Rios and Rios/Arum know it. Yet Rios thinks he is entitled to a Khan handout fight! Joker!
          um No Acosta was the number 1 LW just below JMM in the ring rankings if you think gesta will take Rios out your wrong, oh and Presscot

Comment

Gesta doesn't deserve a title shot yet

Comment

Comment

um No Acosta was the number 1 LW just below JMM in the ring rankings if you think gesta will take Rios out your wrong, oh and Presscot
                Acosta was one of the shortest reigning lightweight champions in a long time, He made what 1 defence of the title before he lost it to Rios? Antillon? Do you really think he was world class? Petersons are hypejobs that havent won a world title between them as I said before.

Also why is Rios thinking he is entitled to fight Khan and Pacquaio instead of earning it? Is he just looking for a handout or does he honestly believe he is in that class? Why not fight Gesta? I mean if he is such a pushover then it would be no problem for Bam Bam to beat him right?

Comment

I'm sure Rios will fight who ever TR puts in front of him, including Gesta. He's gained some fame and his team is probably looking into making some money off of it. Personally, I haven't seen Gesta fight but I doubt he could do what the OP says. If the money is right the fight will be made. Gesta may need to get a couple notable wins under his belt beforehand though.

Comment

LOL. Basically what this guy said.

Comment

Working...
                    X