Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion who was the better player Hakeem Olajuwon or Shaquille O'neal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their head to head match-ups are what seal it for me. I know there is more to judging them but Hakeem was slick - like a fighter!

Comment

Hakeem was better overall. Shaq was more dominant. He just didn't have the all around game that Hakeem had.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
        Hakeem was better overall. Shaq was more dominant. He just didn't have the all around game that Hakeem had.
        This.

But if I was going with an all time team, I'd take a prime Shaq at center, as strange as that might sound. Prime O'neal was a 320 pound, agile, mobile, force of nature.

Comment

Good question, but Fat Shaq was more dominant. Hakeem could shoot free throws though.

Comment

Have to be specific.

More impact/More Valuable? Shaq.

More Skilled/P4P just a better basketball player? Dream.

Shaq even said he sucked at basketball and had to teach himself how to pretend to play. He just bulled everyone around.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

based on skill alone, no question its Hakeem. Hakeem is EASILY the most skilled center ever.

based on individual(statistical) accomplishments, I would say Shaq. Shaq was more of a dominant true center and a physical freak of nature.

Comment

I seen Shaq during his LSU days.

He was what Dwight Howard is now, lol.

I think the only center that could match him strength wise, would have been Wilt.

Hakeem schooled him, in the Finals.

He learned.

Comment

I think "The Dream", he dominated a prime Patrick Ewing and David Robinson. Also schooled Shaq, Zo, and the rest of the next generation centers. In addition, he didn't have a superstar in the likes of Kobe and D-Wade to help him win championships. Matchup wise, he played against the tougher competition team defenses and one-on-one.

Comment

Olajuwon and it really isn't close. Damn, people have short memories

Poet

Comment

my Muslim brother Hakeem of course..shaq had only size..free throws was something he thought didn't exist in Basketball.

Comment

Working...
                      X