No announcement yet.

"El Ciclon de Cancun"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "El Ciclon de Cancun"

Apparently, Gamboa is being questioned about his attire this past weekend in a showdown located in Mexico. He wore both the Cuban flag and Mexican Flag colors on his shorts for the bout that evening, and it seems many fans of his questioned him over his decision. This is what he said through his FB page,

"ncreible pero cierto. El tema del dia es las razones por las que me vesti como me vesti.
    En el Boxeo hay que venderse para vender pero en la vida hay que ser agradecido. Y a el momento mas dificil de mi carrera fue Mexico, Cancun y Pepe Gomez quien me dio una oportunidad.
    Asi que las explicaciones sobran."

translates to

"Incredible but true. The topic of the day is the reasoning behind me dressing the way I dressed.
    In Boxing you have to sell yourself in order to sell, but in life you have to be grateful. During the most difficult moment in my career, it was Mexico, Cancun and Pepe Gomez whom gave me an opportunity. Therefore, no need for explanations"

Gamboa "El Ciclon de Cancun" Gamboa? . Serious note, he addressed his questioning fans appropriately. Glad to see him being embraced by fans regardless of where they are from and what country he is in. A fighter such as himself would be a horrible waste of talent if he were to simply sit on the sidelines for the rest of his career.

I noticed the same thing but understood why he was doing it. He was fighting in Mexico and everybody knows the Mexican market is huge in this sport.

He made me a fan with the Crawford fight, and I actually didn't like him before it. He showed true Mexican heart that night. Hey, you come to fight like a warrior and you will get my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      I noticed the same thing but understood why he was doing it. He was fighting in Mexico and everybody knows the Mexican market is huge in this sport.

He made me a fan with the Crawford fight, and I actually didn't like him before it. He showed true Mexican heart that night. Hey, you come to fight like a warrior and you will get my respect.
      I believe he made tons of new fans that evening. He showed and fought his heart out, gave his entirety in the ring and although he came up short(no pun), he stood tall(again, no pun) after the dust settled. Gamboa isnt only exciting and extremely skilled, but he knows what the fans hunger for. What makes him so exciting isn't only his highlight reel Knockouts, but more or less his vulnerabilities as well.

Comment

This is not the first time, the Cuban Boxing and Mexican Boxing are like brothers.

Cuban Legends like Jose "Mantequilla" Napoles and Ultiminio "Sugar" Ramos, they were idols in Mexico, and were trained for mexicans, making two machines of boxing with the mexican and cuban schools.

Vamos Gamboa, en Mexico te sabremos apoyar, sencillamente porque aqui se reconoce el valor y el bueno boxeo, y tu lo tienes!

Comment

Anybody notice that the colors were wrong though? He was wearing red, white, and green. I think if he was sincere about being embraced by the Mexican fans he would get the color combination right.

And at a low point in his career he all of a sudden shows his great respect to Mexican boxing? I just don't think he's genuine about it.

Ramos and Napoles were genuine, that's why they were embraced.
          Last edited by VAGAB0ND; 11-17-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

gamboas smart, might as well sucker a bunch of people just by wearing their color, using the floyd blueprint

Comment

Originally posted by VAGAB0ND View Post
              Anybody notice that the colors were wrong though? He was wearing red, white, and green. I think if he was sincere about being embraced by the Mexican fans he would get the color combination right.

And at a low point in his career he all of a sudden shows his great respect to Mexican boxing? I just don't think he's genuine about it.

Ramos and Napoles were genuine, that's why they were embraced.
              I got that vibe también carnal, pero me encanta su estilo desde mucho antes. La mera verdad es que me vale verga la situación jaja, solo quería hacer un thread al estilo Damit305 I think I pulled it off.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                gamboas smart, might as well sucker a bunch of people just by wearing their color, using the floyd blueprint

Are you that DontaesBoxingNation ****? If not it's ok, you're just a different one.

Anyway… I applaud you, it takes hard work and dedication to slither Floyd's name into a topic which has 0 to do with him in the first place, well done. Oh and I love your subtle hatred towards these "ignorant fans and face first brawlers with no skill." I mean, you aren't fooling anyone with your "slick" selection of words. We all know exactly who you are talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                  Are you that DontaesBoxingNation ****? If not it's ok, you're just a different one.

Anyway… I applaud you, it takes hard work and dedication to slither Floyd's name into a topic which has 0 to do with him in the first place, well done. Oh and I love your subtle hatred towards these "ignorant fans and face first brawlers with no skill." I mean, you aren't fooling anyone with your "slick" selection of words. We all know exactly who you are talking about
                  im a floyd fan and people that dont like floyd talk about him more than me lol, all i said was hes using the floyd blueprint, nothing to get your panties in a bunch over

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                    Jajaja, mi oferta es sigue en la mesa

Comment

Working...
                    X