No announcement yet.

Name some boxers who need to step up to better opposition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris T Byrd View Post
    TheGreatA thinks Wilder is **** and that he will never amount to anything.
    That's because TheGreatA is one of those old boxing fans who lives in the past.

The truth is: Wilder has more talent than any American heavyweight, but like Boytsov he's very poorly managed.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      That's because TheGreatA is one of those old boxing fans who lives in the past.

The truth is: Wilder has more talent than any American heavyweight, but like Boytsov he's very poorly managed.
      I don't think he lives in the past. He just happen to have a much wider and deeper point of view on boxing than most people because he knows the sport history more than anybody else posting here, and that insight is something I respect greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Canelo Alvarez
        Gennady Golovkin
        Deontay Wilder
        David Rodriguez
        Gary Russell Jr
        Mikey Garcia
        Chris John
        Nathan Cleverly
        Cesar Rene Cuenca
        Bermaine Stiverne
        In that list Canelo has fought the better fighters.

Aside from John fighting Marquez, Canelo's opponents like old Mosley and Ryan Rhodes are better than any opponent any one else has fought there.

Comment

Deontay Wilder owns this thread. Most of the other fighters listed at least fight active fighters within reasonable range of their weight class and can actually fight back.

I mean this shit is a joke:

Comment

Some guys I've been following, who look ready to step up a level:

Rakhim Chakhkiev - if they can find anyone with a name who will get in the ring with him.

Sergey Kovalev - looks ready for the big time.

Marco Antonio Periban - time to see if he's the real deal.

Maxim Vlasov - time to get back in the mix, & see if he's learned not to go looking for the one big punch.

Billy Joe Saunders - young, but has looked very impressive. Time for a solid international veteran.

Matt Korobov - what the hell happened? Way past time to get a move on.

Jack Culcay - has looked good, but last 2 fights still left a bit of question mark. Needs a good vet who can stretch him.

Denis Shafikov - definitely ready for a title shot.

Will Tomlinson - looks very impressive. Time to take it to the next level.

Gary Russell Jr - looks dazzling. Time to fight someone dangerous.

Alexander Bakhtin - way overdue for a title shot. Not real exciting, but think he would really stretch Rigondeaux & make most of the division look amateurish.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Deontay Wilder owns this thread. Most of the other fighters listed at least fight active fighters within reasonable range of their weight class and can actually fight back.

I mean this shit is a joke:

call me crazy but i think seth owns him but oscar wont make seth/deontay

Comment

Originally posted by nm2tx32 View Post
                call me crazy but i think seth owns him but oscar wont make seth/deontay
                You rarely see two prospects with that much potential fight that early in their careers.

But it's definitely a fight that down the road, if they both reach their full potential, can help bring back American heavyweight boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by macman View Post
                  Some guys I've been following, who look ready to step up a level:

Rakhim Chakhkiev - if they can find anyone with a name who will get in the ring with him.

Sergey Kovalev - looks ready for the big time.

Marco Antonio Periban - time to see if he's the real deal.

Maxim Vlasov - time to get back in the mix, & see if he's learned not to go looking for the one big punch.

Billy Joe Saunders - young, but has looked very impressive. Time for a solid international veteran.

Matt Korobov - what the hell happened? Way past time to get a move on.

Jack Culcay - has looked good, but last 2 fights still left a bit of question mark. Needs a good vet who can stretch him.

Denis Shafikov - definitely ready for a title shot.

Will Tomlinson - looks very impressive. Time to take it to the next level.

Gary Russell Jr - looks dazzling. Time to fight someone dangerous.

Alexander Bakhtin - way overdue for a title shot. Not real exciting, but think he would really stretch Rigondeaux & make most of the division look amateurish.
                  Good list.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Canelo Alvarez
                    Gennady Golovkin
                    Deontay Wilder
                    David Rodriguez
                    Gary Russell Jr
                    Mikey Garcia
                    Chris John
                    Nathan Cleverly
                    Cesar Rene Cuenca