Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nate Diaz...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He fought an awesome fight, almost as perfect as Bones' performance, he was connecting with Gomi with ease and kept his hands down and just picked him off with jabs n dat!
    The geezer sounds like he's ******ed/special needs.... especially after the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
      That move up to 170 did him wonders. You can tell his striking is alot better too since he sits on his punches better now. He definitely has some power, maybe even more so then his brother! All Nate needs is great takedown defense and he could easily be a champion. Its just I don't think he'll work on it as hard as he should, but just complain like his brother that those wrestlers are pussays instead of doing anything about it.

But still, has a good point in coming back down, Maynard, Guillard, and Guida are all title contenders and Diaz beat all of them in my mind. I think he beat Maynard in their 2nd fight, Guida easily, and he's Guillards worse night, chin & cardio.

I'm saying it now, Diaz will be in title contention by the end of next year if not already on the verge of a title shot.
      I agree!! I also think Diaz beat Guida and Maynard!!! IMO he will be champion soon.. with his boxing and if he uses his distance right, no one will be able to beat him!!And if he is taken dow he is equally dangerous!!! If Nate would just Bulk up a little I would say he would even contend at 170..

Comment

LoL ain't no Diaz getting a UFC belt. cans can look good against cans. Rory made nate look ****ing stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          LoL ain't no Diaz getting a UFC belt. cans can look good against cans. Rory made nate look ****ing stupid.
          IMO Nate can win th 155 title but not the 170 title.. At 155 he will only get better and his physical attributes make him very difficult to beat at 155. At 170 Nate does not have the strength to beat the Elite at that weight but if he bulks up, he can be a contender there...

Comment

If Nate hadn't gotten screwed out of two decisions he would have gotten a title shot by now, and since Edgar would have been champion at that point and not Penn, yes.. Nate would be champion, and he very well could be the Lightweight Champion in the future.

Nate Diaz can beat anyone at 155 not named BJ Penn or Gilbert Melendez, and even against those two I wouldn't completely count him out (he most likely would never fight Gil, though).

As far as Nick goes.... after he beats Penn, he'll get the shot at GSP or Condit and he will win the Welterweight Title. I would bet the house on that, as long as he doesn't mess up with his contractible obligations.

Oh, and let me say as a HUGE Takanori Gomi fan, I was heartbroken to see him get dominated like he did. Here's hoping the UFC gives him one more shot, and that the Fireball Kid can make the most of it. I haven't given up hope on him just yet... Nate was simply a bad match-up for him.
            Last edited by jmt225; 09-29-2011, 11:20 PM.

Comment

It's a bit difficult to give Nate a lot of credit for this win, IMO. Gomi's been done for years, and looked the absolute worst he ever has in this fight. This fight was more Gomi being ****ty than it was Diaz being amazing.

Although, I do think Diaz has been getting better recently. His Boxing is good by MMA standards, and he has a very good ground game. He just needs to work on his wrestling in order to compete against top guys.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C. View Post
                It's a bit difficult to give Nate a lot of credit for this win, IMO. Gomi's been done for years, and looked the absolute worst he ever has in this fight. This fight was more Gomi being ****ty than it was Diaz being amazing.

Although, I do think Diaz has been getting better recently. His Boxing is good by MMA standards, and he has a very good ground game. He just needs to work on his wrestling in order to compete against top guys.

To me it was just a bad match up. Reach + dead legs = Nate winning.

I wonder how Gomi would do moving up? 170 you see less bjj oriented guys, more wrestlers. Gomi is about the same size as Kos, I would think. Maybe he should try his hand there. Maybe ease the toll the cutting takes on his body.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  To me it was just a bad match up. Reach + dead legs = Nate winning.

I wonder how Gomi would do moving up? 170 you see less bjj oriented guys, more wrestlers. Gomi is about the same size as Kos, I would think. Maybe he should try his hand there. Maybe ease the toll the cutting takes on his body.
                  It wasn't just a bad match up. Gomi has been done as a decent fighter for the last 3-4 years. Nate didn't beat Takanori Gomi, he beat the shell of Takanori Gomi.

Gomi is the same size as Kos? Are you high? Gomi is much smaller than Koscheck. He was also much smaller than Diaz. If anything , Gomi needs to cut to 145. But really, that didn't have much to do with it. Gomi's done being a top 10-20 LW, and has been for some time. Really, any decent LW should be able to beat Gomi at this point. I doubt Gomi even trains more than twice a week, if that.

Comment

LoL, y'all make excuses *****. Nate's not a real contender, never has been, never will be.

Comment

209 baby....

Comment

Working...
                      X