Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the hype of wining a title in 7 divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetSci View Post
    When back then there weren't as many
    Inflation my friends. 3 division then is like 10 now.
    Yeah its no big deal.

and who is the guy that was able to accomplish this?

Correct me pls but i think nobody has done this right? No?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSci View Post
      When back then there weren't as many
      Inflation my friends. 3 division then is like 10 now.
      true, but 7 is still 7

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
        if Hatton won consistently all the way up to light heavyweight and was about to take on Chad Dawson, I'd be pretty impressed.
        That bufoonery and you know it. Hatton wasnt towering over his opponents at 140 like Manny towered over his at flyweight, apples and oranges.

Comment

Its not 7 divisions but rather 6 and a half since Cotto cant weigh in at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
            Its not 7 divisions but rather 6 and a half since Cotto cant weigh in at 147.
            it's still 7

Comment

It ain't hype.

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
                lets see, these were the traditionals:

* Flyweight (Maximum 112 pounds)
                * Bantamweight (118)
                * Featherweight (126)
                * Lightweight (135)
                * Welterweight (147)
                * Middleweight (160)
                * Light Heavyweight (175)
                * Heavyweight (unlimited)

for a guy that started at 106, he would have been in 5 which it would have been a LOT back in the days. The problem would have been the sanctioning bodies. Instead of having 4 belts, it was only one so becoming champion was much harder. Now a guy like PAC could have still gotten 112/118/126/135(this one pushing it) so that's a potential for 2-4 belts and if he was crazy enough to go up to 147 and get a belt that would have been insane.

Now Cotto is the No1 WW in my eyes, so regardless if is at 145 instead of 147 it is still a HUGE deal. But as u can see those 7 divisions would not have been 3
                Also there was one champ back then not 4, so its tainted. Pac didnt beat the man at all those weights like those guys did back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  it's still 7
                  Actually its not, if it was they wouldnt have to create a new belt for him, sad.

Comment

Movin up as far as Pac has is a gr8 accomplishment. The 4 lineal titles is what counts most. And he now willin to face Cotto at WW, when he just got to LW at JWW within the last 18 months.

Comment

Pac is a great fighter but his multiple weight titles gets overrated IMHO. Pac started his pro career really young and is just now hitting his natural weight. The multiple division titles would be more impressive if Pac's goal all along was to gain weight too fight the best in every division instead of just growing into his natural weight at JWW like he did. It's still pretty impressive though...

Comment

Working...
                      X