No announcement yet.

Mexican Media Is Killing Canelo, Had Cotto Winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
    I agree with you, but Marquez is a Mexican legend He made Mexico proud when he KO'd a global superstar in Pacquiao.

Probably Mexico's most intelligent fighter of all time.
    Marquez is actually despised by a lot of mexican fans because he's a ****sucker and mouthpiece of Mexico's current corrupt president and his corrupt political party.

JMM even dedicated the Pac KO victory to the president, enraging a lot of mexicans in the proccess

JMM has also acted like a jealous whiner whenever Canelo is mentioned, so currently, mexican fans are divided in those who support JMM and those who support Canelo, both fanbases also despise each other and apparently, you cant be a fan of both fighters

--source. some mexicans pals I know

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      When a fan favorite fighter loses, you move on because that's what people do when they want to live reasonable happy lives. Cotto, lost, plain and simple. We can quibble about how close it was, but it wasn't a draw whatsoever, it was a clear loss and that's the end of it. The decision won't be reversed by getting "expert" opinions or people crying their eyes out.

Cotto showed pretty bad sportsmanship by not showing up to the press conference. I for one wanted to hear his thoughts and reflections on the fight. He's acting like he was robbed, he wasn't.....
      Hes a prissy crybaby *****, he ran out the ring after the mayweather fight claiming he was robbed as well.

Comment

These clowns are desperate. Juan Manuel Marquez = Mexican Media and Marquez having the fight a draw somehow = Cotto winning.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          Basically. This used to happen in close fights, now with fanboyism, it happens every week even when they're not even close, like this fight.
          Exactly and I don't get it. Fighters lose sometimes and that's it. I love Cotto, but like I said he really disappointed me by not showing up for the press conference. He should have held his head up high with pride, he did the best that he could but it wasn't enough last night. Fans needs to stop this petty **** and give Canelo some credit, he's not too bad.

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
          He wasn't robbed of the fight - Cotto lost

But he was robbed of a proper scorecard and to these fighters that is almost the equivalent. The scorecards handed out are terrible to these fighters because it doesn't reflect what happened in the ring at all. These fighters put in alot of work and putting forth an 11-1 scorecard is demeaning, especially when it wasn't an 11-1 fight. There's a lot of pride for these fighters and I think when he hears an 11-1 scorecard, he knows what was up - so why give the WBC, GBP more of his time. **** em all would be my gesture.

He was in the dressing room signing autographs, while speaking w/ fans in the stadium and I'm sure he'll give interviews in the days to come to the fans
          I don't know if losing overall is the equivalence of bad scoring if the result is ultimately the same. Yeah, Cotto might have felt better about himself if the scores were closer but he still lost and his career still takes a little setback, there's really no other way to slice it IMHO....

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
            I don't know if losing overall is the equivalence of bad scoring if the result is ultimately the same. Yeah, Cotto might have felt better about himself if the scores were closer but he still lost and his career still takes a little setback, there's really no other way to slice it IMHO....
            I know if it was me, I'd be upset about the scorecards more than anything

And I don't think his career takes a setback at all - Cotto looked and boxed fantastic last night. He just fought a kid 10 years younger and 15 pounds heavier than him who also happened to have the house cards all in his favor.

He traded leather with him, he outboxed him in many intervals, didn't fade late and if these guys were the same size, the outcome may have been a whole lot different. His chin was unbelievable because he ate some shots that would have downed a lesser man. For being past his prime, he gave a helluva performance.

This is a good way to leave the sport if he wanted to. He didn't get put to sleep, he didn't quit on his stool and he gave Canelo all he can handle. At my fight party, we all thought Canelo won - but all cheered Cotto because the size disparity was evident and he stood his ground. As time goes bye, I think this will be a favorable fight in the eyes of many for Cotto and for that he should be proud. Canelo should be proud too because he acquitted himself well.

He has plenty of fights available that are proper for his size like Bradley, Maidana and even JMM. I think he should retire - I think its a high note, but if he wants to finish out his contract w/ RNS - then these are some good fights that will be entertaining

Comment

But he was robbed of a proper scorecard and to these fighters that is almost the equivalent. The scorecards handed out are terrible to these fighters because it doesn't reflect what happened in the ring at all. These fighters put in alot of work and putting forth an 11-1 scorecard is demeaning, especially when it wasn't an 11-1 fight. There's a lot of pride for these fighters and I think when he hears an 11-1 scorecard, he knows what was up - so why give the WBC, GBP more of his time. **** em all would be my gesture.

He was in the dressing room signing autographs, while speaking w/ fans in the stadium and I'm sure he'll give interviews in the days to come to the fans
              Great take on what went down. Its an insult to the fighters, the fans & to the greater good of boxing that cards like the ones handed down last night are accepted as the story of that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Hes a prissy crybaby *****, he ran out the ring after the mayweather fight claiming he was robbed as well.
                Cotto needs to get a grip, I can understand disappointment but he's straight up sobbing like a b1tch.

I know if it was me, I'd be upset about the scorecards more than anything

And I don't think his career takes a setback at all - Cotto looked and boxed fantastic last night. He just fought a kid 10 years younger and 15 pounds heavier than him who also happened to have the house cards all in his favor.

He traded leather with him, he outboxed him in many intervals, didn't fade late and if these guys were the same size, the outcome may have been a whole lot different. His chin was unbelievable because he ate some shots that would have downed a lesser man. For being past his prime, he gave a helluva performance.

This is a good way to leave the sport if he wanted to. He didn't get put to sleep, he didn't quit on his stool and he gave Canelo all he can handle. At my fight party, we all thought Canelo won - but all cheered Cotto because the size disparity was evident and he stood his ground. As time goes bye, I think this will be a favorable fight in the eyes of many for Cotto and for that he should be proud. Canelo should be proud too because he acquitted himself well.

He has plenty of fights available that are proper for his size like Bradley, Maidana and even JMM. I think he should retire - I think its a high note, but if he wants to finish out his contract w/ RNS - then these are some good fights that will be entertaining
                You made some solid points here but by "setback" I mean, he did lose the fight so the shine of a victory and all that it entails was denied him. I agree he has options though, but I think he should retire too. He made a lot of money for this fight, he has been an outstanding champion, whose career would've been even more stellar if Margarito hadn't loaded his gloves against him....

Comment

ur puerto rican,stop lying

Comment

Exactly cotto did he same for the mayweather fight. He gets offended by the fabricated score cards and thus refuses to oblige the criminals that fouled him.

He speaks when the sting is over.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X