No announcement yet.

Golovkin's closing window of opportunity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
    Man, I can see it now, GGG loses to Canelo and all his fans and crybabies will be saying he was past his prime. SMH
    Krusher will get the refugees....it's obvious that's what will happen

Comment

Golovkin has never even taken a clean punch! And when he has it was on purpose to entertain us fans! Golovkin can dominate boxing into his 60s! How dare you call him 34 years old! He's still 33!

-Little G's ****** fans

Comment

Depends. Everyone is different. But his style is not typically conducive to a long career especially if he decides to move up and face bigger, stronger guys. But people comparing him to floyd and Hopkins in longevity, nah. Will never happen. He has about 4 years left at his peak. Max.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          He's like the new Sergio Martinez. Has everything he needs to be a star, except time.
          Well-put. I think Sergio was FAR more ballsy and ambitious but the comparison is still relevant. Guys like these tend to age overnight. Even if they are fit looking, a lingering injury or just lack of hunger grips them and it's quickly downhill from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
            Krusher will get the refugees....it's obvious that's what will happen
            Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            They will all just jump on Kovalev's jock
            Yeah you guys are right..

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
              He tried to get out of the contract with Universe, his promoter at the time.

Sounds familliar?

EDIT: And he didn't have Showtime and Super Six to do all the matchmaking for him, like some other fighter we know.

You guys keep talking talking **** about Golovkin and yet you don't **** about him and his pre HBO career...

NSB DKSAG
              he could have sat on those years with universum problem, instead of that, he created his own promotion company and tried to keep fighting just to be active, Panama was where his first fight happened I think. (milton nuñez)

Comment

Martinez depended on his speed and athleticism more than anything. Golovkin on the other hand relies on his technique and power which as we all know is the last to go.

He hasnt taken too much punishment over the years except for the Ouma fight fight. Plus he stays in shape all year round.

Theres no reason why GGG shouldnt be able to fight at the top level for atleast another 3-4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Brujeria View Post
                  Golovkin has never even taken a clean punch! And when he has it was on purpose to entertain us fans! Golovkin can dominate boxing into his 60s! How dare you call him 34 years old! He's still 33!

-Little G's ****** fans
                  I hate when boxing fans say is.

He's taken thousands of punches. You know how you get good at boxing? You spar the best opponents you can't find. You get your ass kicked, and than you learn and get better. That's why few people stick with the sport.

Every top level fighter, has been in wars and taken thousands of punches. You just don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    I hate when boxing fans say is.

He's taken thousands of punches. You know how you get good at boxing? You spar the best opponents you can't find. You get your ass kicked, and than you learn and get better. That's why few people stick with the sport.

Every top level fighter, has been in wars and taken thousands of punches. You just don't see it.
                    He was clearly being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                      He was clearly being sarcastic.
                      Yeah, I see that now, I stopped reading after the first sentence.

My statement still stands though.

Comment

Working...
                      X