Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some boxing fans become so obsessed with a fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did this guy film this on a toaster or something, ****s in 80p.

If they want to obsess over a fighter let them, just enjoy the fights who cares what other people think.

Salido TKO 8 , calling it here

Comment

Warquez is a badass old dude that hasn't done anything wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        I am not talking about the typical countryman fanaticism, which is normal you see a lot of boxing fans root for their countryman Mexico, Cuban, Filipino, Puerto Rico, etc. and you also have the fans who just like the boxers style, but they do not defend the boxer when they do something suspect.

I am talking about those who have an obsession with a fighter but it goes beyond just being a diehard fan it's to the point when they cannot criticize the fighter and the fighter can do no wrong in their eyes.

I honestly believe its this type of setting that causes some posters to go overboard with things. If you admit any wrong doing by your guy, it feels like you are losing to the haters around here. The last thing you want to do is agree with them. lol Then you have guys that post about their fighter all the time. I doubt its about them being so obsessed with that fighter, but more about them being obsessed with this forum and the entertainment they get out of it. Just a few thoughts. I don't doubt for one minute that there are truly obsessed fans in this sport though.
        Last edited by ROSS CALIFORNIA; 01-19-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          I am not talking about the typical countryman fanaticism, which is normal you see a lot of boxing fans root for their countryman Mexico, Cuban, Filipino, Puerto Rico, etc. and you also have the fans who just like the boxers style, but they do not defend the boxer when they do something suspect.

I am talking about those who have an obsession with a fighter but it goes beyond just being a diehard fan it's to the point when they cannot criticize the fighter and the fighter can do no wrong in their eyes.

There's ten floyd stans on NSB that want to kill that guy right now for **** blocking them

Comment

They always wanted to be fighters

They take it to that level when typing.

They put six months of training and 12 rounds of fighting into each key stroke

Many of them type with a mouthpiece in hand wraps on and head gear
            they purchased.

Comment

lol @ why do some boxing fans become obsessed with a fighter... same reason why people who listen to music can get obsessed with a certain artist

Comment

i dont know i feel peoples hate is stronger then the fan boys love and imo thats just as weird

Comment

I guess it wouldn't flow right if he were 37-2-1???? Probably not!

There are fans then theres "fanatics" you know the ones who are "peeleft: on themselves all the time!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanboSmitty View Post
                    Did this guy film this on a toaster or something, ****s in 80p.

If they want to obsess over a fighter let them, just enjoy the fights who cares what other people think.

Salido TKO 8 , calling it here
                    It's all he can afford man.

Comment

Originally posted by DoomCity202 View Post
                      They always wanted to be fighters

They take it to that level when typing.

They put six months of training and 12 rounds of fighting into each key stroke

Many of them type with a mouthpiece in hand wraps on and head gear
                      they purchased.
                      Hey man.......you got a camera in my house or something because you know way too much.

Comment

Working...
                      X