No announcement yet.

Who's the better Mexican superstar??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    And 154lb is clearly make able for Ortiz seeing as he actually has a bigger frame than Mayweather.
    Back to defending ginger Ortiz I see. Whatever floats your boat bro. I picked Lopez to end that nonsense & he did. I'm completely satisfied. It is what it is.

Comment

I don't understand why you're overhyping Chavez Jr. I can understand people crapping on Canelo's resume because at the moment it is pretty ****, I can understand you not rating his skillset because it is easy to look good against low tier fighters, again that is true.

What I find alarming is your hypocrisy, you're not applying the reasoning for slating Canelo to Chavez's resume. If you applied the reasoning behind criticising Canelo to Chavez's resume you would not be calling him the best pressure fighter in boxing as he has essentially looked good against cans for the majority of his career. At age 26 you can count the number of decent opponents he has fought on one hand.

You gassing up Chavez leads me to believe that is all about you indirectly jerking off to Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        A rather large exaggeration. Gap in skill?? Chavez is maybe the best pressure fighter in all of boxing.
        So what does Vernon Paris & Tim Coleman have to do with the proposed gap in skill between Chavez & ginger again?? You kinda lost me at "If you'd seen".
        My point is trite: that skills shown against non threatening comp often don't translate at a higher level. It was kind of a bad example, since Paris Coleman had much closer odds than any of the Canelo fights.

Comment

Back to defending ginger Ortiz I see. Whatever floats your boat bro. I picked Lopez to end that nonsense & he did. I'm completely satisfied. It is what it is.
          It is back to highlighting how hypocritical you are. You've been crying for years about Floyd and Pacquiao not moving up to 154lb to fight Paul Williams and Sergio Martinez yet one of the issues you had with Canelo fighting Ortiz was the later being a Welterweight.

It is asinine as regardless of their official classification they are similar in size. The difference in size is actually less than the difference in size between Williams/Martinez and Mayweather/Pacquiao. Yet you're complaining. Hypocrite.

Comment

I don't understand why you're overhyping Chavez Jr. I can understand people crapping on Canelo's resume because at the moment it is pretty ****, I can understand you not rating his skillset because it is easy to look good against low tier fighters, again that is true.

What I find alarming is your hypocrisy, you're not applying the reasoning for slating Canelo to Chavez's resume. If you applied the reasoning behind criticising Canelo to Chavez's resume you would not be calling him the best pressure fighter in boxing as he has essentially looked good against cans for the majority of his career. At age 26 you can count the number of decent opponents he has fought on one hand.

You gassing up Chavez leads me to believe that is all about you indirectly jerking off to Martinez.
            I'm telling you right now, I no longer believe Martinez murks Chavez jr. As it stands every single poster in this tread acknowledges that Chavez's resume bosses ginger. Only a fool would believe otherwise.

Comment

And 154lb is clearly make able for Ortiz seeing as he actually has a bigger frame than Mayweather.
              But is he an effective super welter? We don't know, but chances are he's not, he heavily depends on his size advantage. He's not even that effective with the advantage, the guy is 1-3-1 against top 10 comp.

Comment

alvarez is better imo. idk where this comes from that chavez jrs resume is so much better than alvarez', maybe its a bit better but not by as much as ppl make it out to be.

mosley wasnt a worthy challenger for manny, a top p4p fighter but for a young titlist he was a decent opponent. baldomir was past his prime and not all that good to begin with, but compared to jrs opponents there isnt that big a diffrence. baldomirs win over judah is better than anything they ever did and he is a former undisputed champion. again im not bulding baldomir up as some great fighter but compared to rubio, zbik or lee hes not that bad.

same thing applies to kermit contron. ppl can knock cintron all they want for being a quitter and a crier etc but hes a dangerous fighter, a former titleholder whos been in there with several other top fighters. what he has done completely ****s on what andy lee, rubio or zbik has achieved as well.

on top of that alvarez is clearly far more skilled than chavez jr. jr is pretty much just a big guy beating up smaller and lesser opponets, soon he wont be able to make 160, then what? can anyone seriously see him making MW for much longer or being competetive at 168? and thats overlooking all the fishy stuff thats going on around him.

alvarez meanwhile is one of the best talents in boxing, speed, legit p4p power that will carry up in weight, fundamentally sound. clearly far more skilled than chavez in addition to being smarter and more physicly gifted.

Comment

It is back to highlighting how hypocritical you are. You've been crying for years about Floyd and Pacquiao not moving up to 154lb to fight Paul Williams and Sergio Martinez yet one of the issues you had with Canelo fighting Ortiz was the later being a Welterweight.

It is asinine as regardless of their official classification they are similar in size. The difference in size is actually less than the difference in size between Williams/Martinez and Mayweather/Pacquiao. Yet you're complaining. Hypocrite.
                  You keep claiming falsehoods & don't stop. Fact check. I'll be you accounts you'll never find anywhere in my post history where I said Floyd or Pacman need to move to 154 to fight the Punisher. I know this because he could always make 147. I've always said they could fight him at 147.

It seems like whenever you run out of good debate, you go & recycle this same worn out lie.

Comment

Really?? I guess we'll leave that there. If you cannot see how good a pressure fighter Chavez is, there's nothing left to say.
                    The best pressure fighter in boxing wouldn't get his shit pushed in by Martirosyan in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      My point is trite: that skills shown against non threatening comp often don't translate at a higher level. It was kind of a bad example, since Paris Coleman had much closer odds than any of the Canelo fights.
                      In that case, I agree completely.

Comment

Working...
                      X