No announcement yet.

Why is Lara so overrated on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bug0092 View Post
    That about sums Lara up for me. His corner was pleading with him to take Rodriguez out in between the later rounds of the fight. He has all the ability to KO these guys but he plays it safe -- stays on the outside content to potshot a guy who's ripe for the KO the rest of the fight. Style groupies who are connoisseurs of the sweet science lap it up. Most fans hate it which is why no one goes to his fights and he has trouble getting the big names in the ring.
    Just look at the Canelo fight. He came for a track meet instead of boxing match.

He didn't get the nod for that fight because the only one that wanted to fight was Canelo. Lara was content in landing some pot shots and then run away the rest of the round. That is not how you win fans or earn big fights. Who wants to fight a guy that runs so much and in winning you are not going to look good?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Viper View Post
      I remember you making a similar thread about errol spence.....after the algeri fight you changed your tune........

on topic Lara is the goods.........that's why he gets respect here.....but you should also bring up the fact floyd got rocked by a shot done mosley and was almost stopped...... these things happen in fights......it does not matter how great you are everyone has been hurt or dropped man.....
      Almost stopped? Floyd got rocked a bit LOL. He was nowhere near being stopped. I hope you never get hired as a ref LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        Seriously the guy has not done anything worth the hype..who is his best win?? Trout?..Yes you can say he was robbed against Paul Williams ok cool...but on the biggest stage against Canelo he layed a huge stinking turd...The guy is limited and far from what i would call slick,slick fighters dont get dropped 2 times by a shot slow ass Angulo.

Lara has never impressed me and i dont get why people want to see him get his **** pushed in by GGG. Its a pointless fight against someone who doesnt even fight at 160. So why all the hype over this guy?
        Because people here are idiots.

Comment

• The idea of Lara is greater than the reality of him. While i still would like to see him fight more, he's pretty basic and does that pawing of the jab in all fights. Plus he's super safe. People say Floyd doesn't take chances but Lara??? Sheesh. I'd love to see him face GGG because he's better than anybody GGG has ever faced....even tho i'd favor GGG, he sure as hell is better than Willie Monroe

Comment

Working...
          X