No announcement yet.

Lil G fighting his 3rd prospect in 4 fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    It always boggles my mind how people blame Golovkin for being ducked. The sad truth is that Eubank seems to be the best middleweight willing to fight him. If he could fight Jacobs or Alvarez or Saunders, he would, but none of them want to fight Golovkin.

Apparently he should be blamed for this, I guess.
    Green k sent. It's ridiculous. GGG tries to make the best matches but can't. Blame the duckers, not GGG.
    Last edited by elgu; 06-25-2016, 01:59 PM. Reason: clear up something

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      Add about 120 to that and you might be warm.

I get it now.

Pointing out Golovkin's resume is straight garbage when compared to much younger guys or even less heralded ones means you are mentally deficient in fanboyese.

Lets try a few others, shall we.

How about Lomachenko, lil g HAS to have a better resume than a guy with less than 10 pro fights, right?

Er...wrong.

Salido, Russell, Martinez all on a completely different level than pretty much any Golovkin opponent.

Let's try a never quite made it guy like Berto...

Nope.

Wins over Forbes, Urango, Quintano, Lopez, Zavack, Ortiz...wars with Guerrero, Ortiz, sot Karass. Respectable loss to the self proclaimed TBE...

Not even close.

OK, how about a guy no one thinks is elite maybe a career disappointment guy like Chris Arreola.

Surely Golovkin has taken on better competition than that loser, right?

Guess again.

Klitschko (the best one), Stiverne twice, Adamek, McCline, and queued up for Wilder. No, Chris hasn't done well against these guys but at least he hasn't made excuses about why he cant fight them.

Call me a lil g hater all you like.

But really, I am just a guy who actually wants to see him realize the greatness he seems quite capable of attaining.

And a guy tired of hearing how everyone is avoiding him when there is a line of fighters that cant wait to get some.
      Thurman has Collazo, Guerrero, Soto Karass, Chavez, Quintana, and Zavak as well as others.

Where are the names on Golovkin's resume that equal this?
      That's why you get called an idiot, this time at least

Comment

Add about 120 to that and you might be warm.

I get it now.

Pointing out Golovkin's resume is straight garbage when compared to much younger guys or even less heralded ones means you are mentally deficient in fanboyese.

Lets try a few others, shall we.

How about Lomachenko, lil g HAS to have a better resume than a guy with less than 10 pro fights, right?

Er...wrong.

Salido, Russell, Martinez all on a completely different level than pretty much any Golovkin opponent.

Let's try a never quite made it guy like Berto...

Nope.

Wins over Forbes, Urango, Quintano, Lopez, Zavack, Ortiz...wars with Guerrero, Ortiz, sot Karass. Respectable loss to the self proclaimed TBE...

Not even close.

OK, how about a guy no one thinks is elite maybe a career disappointment guy like Chris Arreola.

Surely Golovkin has taken on better competition than that loser, right?

Guess again.

Klitschko (the best one), Stiverne twice, Adamek, McCline, and queued up for Wilder. No, Chris hasn't done well against these guys but at least he hasn't made excuses about why he cant fight them.

Call me a lil g hater all you like.

But really, I am just a guy who actually wants to see him realize the greatness he seems quite capable of attaining.

And a guy tired of hearing how everyone is avoiding him when there is a line of fighters that cant wait to get some.
        All but like 2 or 3 of the fighters you listed here are no better than anyone Golovkin has fought. Some are worse than his better opponents. I mean, Forbes? Urango? Stiverne? Zaveck? Are you kidding me? These guys suck.

There is absolutely no way that Lomachenko or Berto have better resumes than Golovkin. Giving them credit for fights they lost, as if that somehow proves something, is very unfair. It's not Golovkin's fault that he isn't an average fighter like Berto who provides no risk to better opponents, or a second-fight pro like Lomachenko that a good fighter like Salido was willing to fight.

You may be tired of hearing about guys ducking Golovkin, but that doesn't change the fact that he is being ducked. His crap with Ward doesn't invalidate the many good middleweights shamefully avoiding the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

Fangirl Golovit.ard nonsense.

GGG sure fights a lot for a guy NOBODY wants to fight.

Jacobs did not duck him...

Why would GGG want Cotto???...what would that prove??

Canelo didn't duck GGG...he's just not about to let some clown-faced B side nobody dictate terms to him.
          Golovkin wanted to fight Cotto because he was the mandatory to Cotto's title you blithering idiot. But Cotto popped his pants whenever Golovkin was mentioned and fought Geale and vacated the title at weigh in for the Cabell fight. As for Jacobs as soon as the WBA announced they were gonna announce him as the Mandatory for the WBA title he miraculously had a fight at the end of July against TBA.... You are worse with facts and the truth than Donald freaking Trump. Please do the world a favour and don't ever vote.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            All but like 2 or 3 of the fighters you listed here are no better than anyone Golovkin has fought. Some are worse than his better opponents. I mean, Forbes? Urango? Stiverne? Zaveck? Are you kidding me? These guys suck.

There is absolutely no way that Lomachenko or Berto have better resumes than Golovkin. Giving them credit for fights they lost, as if that somehow proves something, is very unfair. It's not Golovkin's fault that he isn't an average fighter like Berto who provides no risk to better opponents, or a second-fight pro like Lomachenko that a good fighter like Salido was willing to fight.

You may be tired of hearing about guys ducking Golovkin, but that doesn't change the fact that he is being ducked. His crap with Ward doesn't invalidate the many good middleweights shamefully avoiding the man.
            Name the guys on GGG resume that are better than Russell, Salido and Martinez.

All 3 have held belts AND have victories over damned good fighters.

You cannot name 3 counterparts on Golovkin's resume.

And its a resume not a win-loss record.

Great fighters (and sometimes not so great ones) get credit for facing other great fighters, even in a loss.

It's why DLH is so respected and why a guy like Berto, when he is thru, will also be respected even if he is not held in the same esteem as Oscar.

The bottom line is there HAVE been opportunities for Golovkin to challenge himself by going up or down.

We should not have got him in against Ishida, or Adama, or Monroe, or Wade, and you can make the argument that Stevens and Geale are not much better.

If you are really a fan, you should want to see him fight some of these guys who are calling him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
              WTF, this coward should be called out for fighting his 3rd prospect in his last 4 fights (Monroe, Wade & Eubanks)... Isn't Lil G a champ? How many 35 yrs old CHAMPS are still fighting prospects at that age... This is unacceptable instead of fighting a fellow champ in Lara he chooses to fight another up n comer what a joke
              Cuz lil c went to 154 lol

Comment

Name the guys on GGG resume that are better than Russell, Salido and Martinez.

All 3 have held belts AND have victories over damned good fighters.

You cannot name 3 counterparts on Golovkin's resume.

And its a resume not a win-loss record.

Great fighters (and sometimes not so great ones) get credit for facing other great fighters, even in a loss.

It's why DLH is so respected and why a guy like Berto, when he is thru, will also be respected even if he is not held in the same esteem as Oscar.

The bottom line is there HAVE been opportunities for Golovkin to challenge himself by going up or down.

We should not have got him in against Ishida, or Adama, or Monroe, or Wade, and you can make the argument that Stevens and Geale are not much better.

If you are really a fan, you should want to see him fight some of these guys who are calling him out.
                Fights like Ishida and Adama happened because of how active Golovkin is and the lack of better opponents. He fought those fighters well before Ward or Lara called him out, so there were no better fighters out there. He took the best willing opponents. Wade was a mandatory. The only fighter there you can criticize him for fighting is Monroe. Everyone else only happened because there was no good opponent willing to fight him or, in Wade's case, he had to fight a crap opponent to keep a belt.

Geale was a unified middleweight champion at one point. That's better than most of the fighters you're claiming are better than him ever managed. Are you seriously going to argue that Soto-Karass, Zaveck, Lopez, Ortiz, or Martinez are really any better than that? Come on.

Too many people act like all he does is fight fighters like Ishida or Monroe. They ignore that 2 times a year for 3-4 years now, he has fought and beaten good middleweights. He always ends up with a bad name on his record because of how often he fights. That's what happens. You can't possibly fill a year with just good fights.

I do want to see him fight the guys calling him out. And guess what? He's likely fighting someone who is calling him out in his next fight. So what's the ****ing problem?

Giving Lomachenko credit for fighting Salido, even though he lost handily, is ridiculous. Giving Berto credit for being crap that gets picked on is even worse. Are you seriously arguing that those guys were willing to fight good fighters but Golovkin isn't? Are you really going to play dumb and not recognize the many, many good fighters that have blatantly ducked Golovkin, including three, THREE, right now? Which is why he's probably fighting Eubank?

****ing hell.

Comment

I know of a great middleweight champion GGG. He is recognized by everyone with eyes an a brain as the best middleweight on the planet and one of the top 3 pound for pound best fighters in the world. He defends his title far more often against much better opposition than the other pretend middleweight champions who refuse to fight him. He is defending his title against Eubanks who is the number 4 middleweight contender in the world. The other so called middleweight champs are fighting guys not even ranked in the top 30. Who is a more difficult opponent, Eubanks or Mora? I don't know who the fuc Lil G is. I never heard of a fighter called Lil G.

Comment

the anti-golovkin "fanbase" is one of the worst i've ever seen on this forum. also, i cringe everytime you people use one of your cute nicknames for fighters. grow up.

Comment

Working...
                    X