No announcement yet.

Cotto's departure from Emmanuel Steward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Interloper
    At the time, it seemed like a calculating, almost cold move by Cotto to distance himself from Emanuel Steward and begin training with Pedro Diaz.

In hindsight, it occurred to me that Miguel and Emmanuel might have discussed the separation personally and decided it might be best due to Emmanuel's health problems that we all weren't aware of at the time (at least I wasn't.) I have a completely different take on the situation now, but I could be totally wrong about this. What do you guys think?
    Agreed. Its very possible that they talked about his Steward sickness and that was part of the breaking away along with some disagreements regarding schedules and monies

Now, Ill like to know more about the reason behind breakimg up with Diaz.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Em1
      Out of nowhere today, Kellerman went in on Cotto today. Basically saying his decline was in part due to him taking the easy way out in training for fights (location, quality of sparring partners, trainers).
      In part Ill have to agree with that statement.

I love Miguel but there is somthing missing from his trainimg camps. Could it be quality of sparring? Strength and endurance? Diet? Dedication o stuberness to give 110%, do one more? Distractions? I dont know.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I believe it was schedule and money. Steward wanted training camp to start later than what Cotto wanted and he was asking for a bigger purse. Diaz was the right trainer for the Margarito fight.

Comment

Working...
        X