Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch: Americans don't want the Ward fight so what's the point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch: Americans don't want the Ward fight so what's the point?

Just heard an interview with the cobra on bunce's boxing podcast.

He said on his best day he beats Andre Ward, but people in America don't even want to see their guy face him so what's the point?

Reflecting on the Groves fight he also said "Everything for a reason".

Finally he dismissed the Degale match saying he's only in discussion because he's mandatory, didn't sound like Carl is going to fight him though.

Carl Froch on performance enhancers on his best day wouldn't beat Andre Ward... Unfortunately the demand isn't there tho, so it's an easy swerve for Froch. All signs point to Froch-Chavez Jr in Vegas.

Comment

Chavez then retire or kessler

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
        Carl Froch on performance enhancers on his best day wouldn't beat Andre Ward... Unfortunately the demand isn't there tho, so it's an easy swerve for Froch. All signs point to Froch-Chavez Jr in Vegas.
        But ofcourse Ward would also be on performance enhancers, you gotta remember good ol' Victor Conte.

So it was actually probably a performance enhancers Ward who beat a non-using Carl Froch. That makes more sense.

Comment

I listened to this podcast this morning. He was basically saying Ward v Froch in the US isn't a PPV fight...and he's right.

Comment

I don't think Froch wants to face Ward again. Froch has so many other options that it's not a necessity for him. If Froch plans to fight in Vegas like he says, then the logical choice would be Chavez Jr. GGG would also be another option. Each of those fights are winnable for Froch while beating Ward is a long shot.

Froch's exit strategy is probably Chavez Jr then Kessler III. He'll make huge money and should win both fights.

Comment

Chavez, then off into the sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                I listened to this podcast this morning. He was basically saying Ward v Froch in the US isn't a PPV fight...and he's right.
                Honestly it isn't... the only PPV opponent in the States he can get is Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Honestly it isn't... the only PPV opponent in the States he can get is Chavez Jr.
                  Yep, and a US fight has to be PPV otherwise financially it isn't worth crossing the pond when he can do big numbers in the UK.

Was watching some Chavez earlier, I think he's a little underrated. He'll catch Froch with some bombs.

Comment

Ward already beat Froch and Froch doesn't seek for "revenge"... So what's the point? Only Ward getting a huge purse at the Wembley Stadium? I told you many times: Froch is no stupid...

Comment

Working...
                    X