No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach: I Will Start Training Daniel Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach: I Will Start Training Daniel Jacobs

Freddie Roach is going to start training middleweight contender Daniel Jacobs (21-1, 18KOs) for his next bout, which is scheduled to take place on the Saul Alvarez-Matthew Hatton undercard on March 5 in Anaheim, California. Roach confirmed the information to OnTheGrindBoxing.com. Jacobs is building himself back up after getting knocked out by Dmitry Pirog last July. He came back in December to stop Jesse Orta in two rounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm not going to write off Jacobs just yet. I think he's going to be part of what is shaping up to be a pretty strong division in a year or two.

Comment

pirog still mercs even after roachs advice and arizas power pellets.

Comment

No matter how much Freddy does for Jacobs, he'll still get his chin checked.

Comment

Freddie Roach is a good look for Daniel Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by starsjuicebar View Post
            No matter how much Freddy does for Jacobs, he'll still get his chin checked.
            he helped khan not get chin checked...

Comment

Almost old news, Danny's been training there for a lil while in LA, guess now its official...

I guess Roach if nothing else will improve Danny's conditioning and provide him some good ass sparring...

Danny is a good boxer but I don't think he does anything spectacular...good at everything but nothing stands out...hope I'm wrong...

New York could use a champion...Zab and Paulie have seen better days...

Comment

Good prospect for Freddie. Now I'd like to see a rematch against Pirog after a tune-up fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  he helped khan not get chin checked...
                  He did jack ****, it was his conditioning. Did you see the Maidana fight? He was getting hit flush with uppercuts and was running for his dear life in round 10, his legs were what kept him up.

Comment

i have to wonder if freddie isnt spreading himself too thin. i know he's good and all but how many guys can one man train without neglecting his responsabilities to his other fighters.
                    i mean he has pac, jcc jr, kahn, vanes, strum, quillin and others...

Comment

Working...
                    X