Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is an idea, why not have Winky Wright in the tournament?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you. But what I'm saying is it's a hard sell to the general public who would probably not be thinking that after his last fight.
    He is a better choiose than NMiranda that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      Don't let the Williams fight fool you, Williams just got swamped by activity. I would choose Winky to beat Froch, Taylor, wWard, and possibly Abraham. I also think a fight between him and Kessler could go either way. Winky Wright should replace taylor if Taylor is indeed out.
      please man...dude couldn't even bend down and tie his shoelaces when he got roughhoused by nard @ 170...they'd have to roll him under the bottom rope @ 168...

Comment

He is a better choiose than NMiranda that is for sure.
        I aint arguing that haha.

Comment

It would be interesting. I think he'd be a welcome addition.

He didn't do too badly against Williams, it's just that Williams was too much for him. Winky threw around 500+ punches in that fight, I believe, so he wasn't as rusty as some would like to think.

His legs are gone, he won't be effective in chasing down opponents, but his defense is still solid. I don't expect him to get hurt a la Taylor.

This tournament could be his 2 year long swan song, which makes up for the time he was inactive.

Comment

Don't let the Williams fight fool you, Williams just got swamped by activity. I would choose Winky to beat Froch, Taylor, wWard, and possibly Abraham. I also think a fight between him and Kessler could go either way. Winky Wright should replace taylor if Taylor is indeed out.
            **** yeah.... winky would take all them IMO... like you said, williams just overwhelmed a rusty ronald wright with his volume, nobody in the tourney can put out that kind of volume...

winky would do to froch what he did to Tito...

Comment

Imagine Winky vs Abraham...not sure if would be good, bad, or what.

Comment

Winky ain't big enuf for 168 imo. And probably can't go thru wit 3 fights in a tournament.

Comment

winky is too small for 168.... he should stick to 160.

Comment

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
                    Imagine Winky vs Abraham...not sure if would be good, bad, or what.
                    there was discussions of this, long before the pwill fight.... in germany though and winky knew there was no way he could get a decision in germany against AA... since he knew he wouldnt knock him out...

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                    Winky ain't big enuf for 168 imo. And probably can't go thru wit 3 fights in a tournament.
                    sure he can mang... he doesnt need to be a power puncher, he can come in at 168 fight night and do fine...

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                      there was discussions of this, long before the pwill fight.... in germany though and winky knew there was no way he could get a decision in germany against AA... since he knew he wouldnt knock him out...

sure he can mang... he doesnt need to be a power puncher, he can come in at 168 fight night and do fine...
                      winky has no power at 154, he'll have less at 168... ****, i didn't even think winky handled taylor's power well.

Comment

Working...
                      X